I like this Two-Stroke....

They have sound all of there own----that you just don't hear anymore.

Gone are the days when you could just listen to the trucks and be able to tell what kind of motors they had in them.

Cummins sounded like Cummins--Macks sounded like Macks--and Detroits sounded like Detroits, and Detroits did sound neat!

I know I sound like an old fart but to me they all pretty much sound alike today.

The times when could just listen and tell the difference are sadly gone forever!!!

Ron

• Like 1

They have sound all of there own----that you just don't hear anymore.

Gone are the days when you could just listen to the trucks and be able to tell what kind of motors they had in them.

Cummins sounded like Cummins--Macks sounded like Macks--and Detroits sounded like Detroits, and Detroits did sound neat!

I know I sound like an old fart but to me they all pretty much sound alike today.

The times when could just listen and tell the difference are sadly gone forever!!!

Ron

Yea, I'm with you on that one. I can still tell diesel pickups by their sound though. I just can't wait to hear my 8V71 run. Tuesday is my 14th birthday, and hopefully we'll get to give it a crank then.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I like the way the old Detroits would start as soon as the starter came in contact with the flywheel, when warm that is.

.He seems to be advertising 350 hp on the muffler guards, and without a turbo. Who knows, with proper tweaking, they might be able to get it to produce as much torque as a 237 hp Maxidyne!

• Like 1

Jim

He seems to be advertising 350 hp on the muffler guards, and without a turbo.

Yea, I really don't know why they wrote 350 on the muffler shields because it's actually a 318HP 8V71 and they know that. An 8V71T produces 350HP. My 8V71N is a 305HP I'm pretty sure.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

They sound great unless you have to drive the lil high reving no tourque bugger all day .

My buddie told me when he was hauling hay with one he would have someone punch him in the face , stomp on his toe , slam his fingers in the door and then and only then was he in the proper mood to drive a 8v71 LOL. Tough old engines though .