B model mirror frame questions...

looks like you have a set of Retrac (Chevron) mirror bracket. mack never installed mirrors standard til after around 1961. after that they had the standard bracket from Delbar installed. it came in either chrome or stainless or usually Black. this is the same bracket set Watts still sells.looks like the one in your top left picture thats still together is an original 1961 and newer B model bracket. the other one you have in parts looks like a mix and match of parts. the front bar on the triangle should come out almost at a 90 degree angle from the door. the one thats all apart in your pic definately doesnt looks like Mack or delbar and if it is someone has bent it wrong. some B models also had a steel bracket that was rounded and went a little ways down the front of the door. these were from the 50's but were also aftermarket. msot B models from the 50's has generic universal brackets on them. some early ones even had the little Bicycle mirrors on the cowl on a pod with the bolts in the bracket as west cost mirrors werent common til the 60's. most mirrors on B model before then were usually installed at the dealer or by the owner and were universal. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I have a 1959 B75 and have also had problems trying to find mirror brackets that match what was on the truck. The top of my brakets curve along the top of the doorframe, more than the stainless steel brackets that I was just looking at the ATHS show in West Springfield. Those brackets only had a very slight curve like the ones in your pictures. I picked up a set of brackets off a B75 with an L cab and they even have a more severe curve to fit the L cab door. I was finally able to save enough pieces with the two sets to make one decent set, which I am going to send out for powder coating. I initially wanted to put stainless brackets on my truck, but have decided to go with black powder coating.

Good luck.

there were some old aftermarket universal ones that were really rounded, more so than that of the stainless ones Barry sells. they were steel, heavy and the pipes were open in the back to let the doors rot lol. i have a few sets of those actually. they liked to rust. they were straight on top and about half round in the front and went quite a ways down the door. the bars were also welded together at the triangle.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg