Antique Plate regulations

For Missouri http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/historic.php the biggest thing if you own an antique truck is your not supposed to pull any trailers or use except for show, you cant drive more than 100 miles away for repairs and limited 1000 miles per year. Just as easy to plate it for weight the same as my 1 ton pickup and then I can drive it anywhere and haul my gooseneck trailer. It does require a state safety inspection but so what it only has to meet safety requirements from 1959.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

http://www.bigmacktr...se/page__st__20

if you scroll through this topic is pretty much gives a lot of info for pa.

Haha....looks strangely familiar I dont know why...Good call by Cummins. We covered alot of ground here, you'll have a much better grasp on PAs regulations If you read through. I gathered alot of good info. from alot of good people. And I got my ducks in order and took the old rig for a ride for the first time a few weeks ago.

My main concern is hauling stuff. We plan to get a trailer and use the B60 to retrieve other projects we get in the future. If it has an antique plate on it, can we still haul other antique trucks with it. That Fact Sheet for PA says "trucks May Not haul cargo" but I thought that meant they couldn't haul commercial cargo and we could still haul our personal stuff. Am I wrong?

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

My main concern is hauling stuff. We plan to get a trailer and use the B60 to retrieve other projects we get in the future. If it has an antique plate on it, can we still haul other antique trucks with it. That Fact Sheet for PA says "trucks May Not haul cargo" but I thought that meant they couldn't haul commercial cargo and we could still haul our personal stuff. Am I wrong?

Ben

It's a grey area. Make sure your insurance covers you to pull a trailer. The only antique company I know that covers if you are pulling a trailer is Gulfway. They are more expensive, but you will not be covered if you get in an accident while pulling a trailer under other companies antique policies.

My understanding is you are able to haul your own items, but that might not be the cops understatnding if you are pulled over.

Mike