Thank you Rob!

slpwlker

Had an electrical problem today and truck wouldn't start after getting fuel. Was able to coast back and dump the clutch. Called Rob and asked him if he wanted to and would he take a look at my truck as we where heading right thru there. After a bunch of Cussing about it being a Peterbilt and not being able to sleep for the remainder of the week due to the nightmares he told me how to get to his shop, After which he had Yellow dog fired up and told me to take Ann for a ride and leave him be. Video to come later. Think I saw something get thrown but not sure. After he cleaned and tightened the connections The Cat fired right up and Purred. We found a leaking hose and since it was getting ready to pour I got turned around which was a feat in itself. we ran up to the store and found what we needed to get the hose fixed for the time being till we can get home.

Now for the best part. I will probably never live this down. After it got done pouring we got the truck fired up and had a light problem which was a fuse and What I should of done and what I did are 2 different things. I should of locked the rears in and took off in 2nd and grabbed 3rd. I turned to early and got off in the farmers field and didn't sink but just spun. Backed up and would of had it but the trailer started pushing the ass end sideways. I gave up before I either tore something up or buried the truck up to the axles and really had fun getting out. Rob fired up the R with the new trans and got a chain. After some coaxing got back to me and we hooked up. With little to no effort he got me moving. Now mind you it is darker then hell out and got a small ditch on both sides. He got me to the road before I stopped and he got wheel hop. I unhooked us and he got out of the way. After a little slipping I got the drives to the road and took off and grabbed another gear in turn putting the trailer in the ditch. I kept moving. It sucked as it was still raining,Dark,and on a 2 lane road with traffic.

Once again Thank you for the help and I owe you and the misses a dinner somewhere. Ann did get a pic but all you can see is the outline of the cab barely and the tail lights. I should of turned my lights on but didn't want to blind you. I will post what little bit of a pic there is.

From what I've seen on this site, the man obviously has both looks and brains, the total package, so to speak.

Your antics on the other hand, have setback light years the opinion of PACCAR products on this website. You and Otherdog had better watch each others backs because it's no longer safe for you here.

That aside, it's good to here you were able to get up and running with minimal delay and got to rub shoulders with our ehxalted ruler in the process.

• Like 2

Jim

From what I've seen on this site, the man obviously has both looks and brains, the total package, so to speak.

Your antics on the other hand, have setback light years the opinion of PACCAR products on this website. You and Otherdog had better watch each others backs because it's no longer safe for you here.

That aside, it's good to here you were able to get up and running with minimal delay and got to rub shoulders with our ehxalted ruler in the process.

Yeah I screwed up when I started out. Plus I couldn't see crap. But when I felt the drive start spinning all I could do was just keep my foot in it and hope for the best outcome. Sad part is when I was looking for any tire prints I was right there to the rock. I needed another 2" but that is another problem lol. There are still about 3 of us here that still like Paccar products. This is the First time I have ever needed to be pulled out of anywhere including being stuck on ice.

Paccars are still better than a lot of trucks out there today. Yeah tell me about it. 2" more and I would have led an entirely different life.

We've all gotten into situations that took a little help to get out of. We eventually live them down because the solution didn't include names such as "Rob" or "Mack", for example.

Jim

Glad I was able to help keep you rollin. Two bottles of Pepto-Bismol later, I might be able to get to sleep.

Damned Peterbilts.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I was getting ready to call you to see if you had gotten out ok when my dad called. Got to the motel and seen you where posting. Never did see you leave out of there but was probably just starting down hill

I was getting ready to call you to see if you had gotten out ok when my dad called. Got to the motel and seen you where posting. Never did see you leave out of there but was probably just starting down hill

I stayed about 1/2 hour later putting up some stuff that was laying around. Fed, played with, then smacked the cat when he decided to bite, ate some antacid tablets to start the recovery process, received and processed a payment for another job when I checked the mail, then went home.

Glad we were able to get you moving. The neighbor that farms the surrounding fields would let me borrow his "Versatile" tractor to pull you out but he is another one that likes to pick on me so don't bother him too often. Hopefully your permits and such go through without delay and you can continue on.

Maybe see you next trip?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Randy - You didn't hit a tree or sumpin with that lightweight, highway only Paccar sliding all over the place?

That will cost you close to $400.00 and you will get called a CUNT!

Give me alittle time I would of found something to hit

It sounds like you got your stomach to calm down a litttle, but I am really concerned......

You did use some anti-bacterial soap to wash your hands after?

No, not strong enough to kill the remainin "funk". I first douched my hands with 91% isopropyl alcohol, then a 100% acetone rinse to remove any residual encumbrances.

I'm feeling much better now.

Trouble is, I'd welcome Randy back despite his obvious faults of driving one of those things........

Rob

• Like 1

Glad to hear everything went well and you have a great story to tell the boys' at the diner. It's great to have friends you can count on and that's what's awesome about this site. I've met some great people from here in person and traveled around the world because of this. Wouldn't trade that for anything.

Glad to hear everything went well and you have a great story to tell the boys' at the diner. It's great to have friends you can count on and that's what's awesome about this site. I've met some great people from here in person and traveled around the world because of this. Wouldn't trade that for anything.
Meet some real JACKWAGONS too. They all seem to be named

Rob.

Still trying to get the video uploaded to Photobucket from the phone. Signal has been screwy yesterday and need to get Ann to email me the pic. I should have them up this weekend.

OK Vinny.

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

No, not strong enough to kill the remainin "funk". I first douched my hands with 91% isopropyl alcohol, then a 100% acetone rinse to remove any residual encumbrances.

I'm feeling much better now.

Trouble is, I'd welcome Randy back despite his obvious faults of driving one of those things........

Rob

I've HEARD that even being in close proximity to one of those things can (and will) give a person the "dribblin' shits" almost instantly.....any truth to that rumor?..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've HEARD that even being in close proximity to one of those things can (and will) give a person the "dribblin' shits" almost instantly.....any truth to that rumor?..................................Mark

And you thought the Pepto-Bismol was for stomach problems.

Rob

Damn who pissed in your cherrios today. Atleast every other word out of my mouth isn't got any pics of U models. Jeez But all is well.

Got any peterbilt pics? Randy got his from a guy and I wonder what happened to the rest of them?

OMG! That is one of the first Tri-drive in that color! Somebody on here save it!

What has happened to me? I feel like I am 12

How long before you start asking about "U" model Mack trucks???

Rob