I have been rounding up all the pieces of the B-833 and found out that my cousins hauled off the radiator for scrap :pat: How hard will it be to find a replacement? are there any other models that are the same? also I was reading about some of you getting info about your trucks from some where, where could I find the info on my trucks? thanks, Doug :)

First thing you need to do is take a baseball bat to your cousin,preferably one wrapped in barbed wire.

My '58 B-83 radiator is the same width as most of the early B-80 series,so one out of a B-81 should work,but B-80 series parts are few and far between.Most of the were construction trucks and got the hell beat out of them.

I have been rounding up all the pieces of the B-833 and found out that my cousins hauled off the radiator for scrap :pat:  How hard will it be to find a replacement? are there any other models that are the same? also I was reading about some of you getting info about your trucks from some where, where could I find the info on my trucks? thanks, Doug :)

Call the Mack Museum. Those folks over there are amazing and very helpful..

call 610-266-6767 Monday, Wednesday, or Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

They can look up your vehicle and give you all kinds of great info on it!!

Good Luck,

Donna

Doug, I know of one, maybe two , in junk yards here in NW Pa. . I don't know which B-80  series they are ,  or if they're any good, but they can probably be recored. Let me know.  John

Hi John, thanks for the reply. It would be great if you could get a hold of one for me, the only problem is that I would need you to store it for a while if possible, I am off work right now waiting on Back surgery, but when I go back to work I get up into PA quite regular, if you cant store it maybe one of my buddies could swing by and pick it up for me, dont know how happy they would be about packing it around for a couple of weeks though!! LOL any way let me know thanks, Doug :thumb:

Call the Mack Museum. Those folks over there are amazing and very helpful..

call 610-266-6767 Monday, Wednesday, or Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

They can look up your vehicle and give you all kinds of great info on it!!

Good Luck,

Donna

Hi Donna, Thanks for the phone numbers, I will be sure to give them a call on Monday morning, I have been wanting to find out all I can about my truck. It is in pretty rough shape right now as it was dismantled because of a broken frame luckily I have been able to round up almost all of the original parts, but its going to be quite a big project to get it looking original again. I am planning on putting log bunks, and trailer on it as it was used as a log truck by my Uncle back in the early 60's, then it was fitted with a Prentice log loader, thats how the frame got broke! any way thanks for the info, Doug :SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi John, thanks for the reply. It would be great if you could get a hold of one for me, the only problem is that I would need you to store it for a while if possible, I am off work right now waiting on Back surgery, but when I go back to work I get up into PA quite regular, if you cant store it maybe one of my buddies could swing by and pick it up for me, dont know how happy they would be about packing it around for a couple of weeks though!! LOL any way let me know thanks, Doug :thumb:

Doug, Sorry for the late reply, but I need to be in the right mood to sit here and peck at this keyboard. It takes me forever to type a message. Those radiators probably won't go to far, so when I have time to stop, ( new 14 hour rule has been playing hell on my back road treasure hunts ) I'll get some photos and price. Where do you get to in PA ? E-mail me your e-mail address so we can talk in private . jtwoge@zoominternet.net , John

Doug,

No problem. The guys at the museum are top notch !!

Anyway, take lots of pictures and good luck with your rebuild.

I am in the process of trying to get my truck running and hope that once she starts up, I can continue with my rebuild. (although, getting it started it a BIG part of my rebuild !! )

Have fun !

:)

Doug, Sorry for the late reply, but I need to be in the right mood to sit here and peck at this keyboard. It takes me forever to type a message. Those radiators probably won't go to far, so when I have time to stop, ( new 14 hour rule has been playing hell on my back road treasure hunts ) I'll get some photos and price. Where do you get to in PA ? E-mail me your e-mail address so we can talk in private . jtwoge@zoominternet.net , John

Hi John, sent you a PM ( pretty long one HA HA ) let me know if you recieve it ok, this being a new board and all thanks, Doug :SMOKIE-LFT:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of shutters from a B-81SX they are in decent condition... They are vertical shutters..I believe yours would be horizontals.. But they are for free if ya want them.. Just come get em.. or I'll send em.. you pay shipping if you would want them... Good luck.. Steve

I have a set of shutters from a B-81SX they are in decent condition... They are vertical shutters..I believe yours would be horizontals.. But they are for free if ya want them.. Just come get em.. or I'll send em.. you pay shipping if you would want them...  Good luck.. Steve

Thanks Steve, but I have the shutters, they were only hauling off the expensive scrap like brass, copper, and aluminum, thank goodness they were not hauling iron I would be looking for alot more parts !! :D Doug