Steinbauer Power Box

Anybody have Steinbauer box on their truck? Any difference? I've looked their site over, they seem to be ligit, Pittsburg Power does it for Cummins and Cat so can't see why it wouldn't work for a compuerized Dog. I have 480+ hp and 1660 torque so Mack says, this would give me 552hp and 1992 torque so Steinbauer says, Believable? They aren't cheap, 2250.00

I think the concept is believable, whether they can actually deliver or not remains to be seen. Several years ago there was a little clip in Bulldog Magazine about an O/O that was getting big horsepower (maybe 700?) out of electronic Mack, ( I don't remember which version) and at the time some in the Mack inner circle thought it was a misprint, but after a couple calls to engineering, they did confirm it was possible.

I'm sorry I don't remember more about that, but I think it's completely believable.

I talked to a heavy hauler awhile back running an 06 Pete, C16 with a Pittsburgh power box, and he thought it was doing something better than 700 hp.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

I talked to the guys at Stienbauer before I went with larger turbo and injectors. If I recall they offer a trial period and if you don't like, you can sent it back. Also the hook up was a little more complicated on the Mack, but, only evolved running 1 wire to each pump unit and the pos and neg wires. Not real difficult, but not just plug in like Blixxton. Also, it had a fine tune adjustment that you can get at to compensate for the way your ECM might be set or other variable factors. The idea is that you can add or decrease their factory setting to smooth out your engine.

Rob

220287.pdf

I talked to the guys at Stienbauer before I went with larger turbo and injectors. If I recall they offer a trial period and if you don't like, you can sent it back. Also the hook up was a little more complicated on the Mack, but, only evolved running 1 wire to each pump unit and the pos and neg wires. Not real difficult, but not just plug in like Blixxton. Also, it had a fine tune adjustment that you can get at to compensate for the way your ECM might be set or other variable factors. The idea is that you can add or decrease their factory setting to smooth out your engine.

Rob

I've been waiting for a post on how the turbo and injectors helped? So what is your opinion on the mods you did?

Is there anyone in the US that sells these (dealer)? It seems all the websites are overseas, I have a guy that really wants one but doesn't want to send the money across the pond.

square_red.gif

STEINBAUER Tuning Technologies Inc.

Halifax Station

364 Crompton Street

Charlotte NC 28273

Phone 704-587-0856

Fax 704-587-0896

Free Call: 1 877 886 4649

Email usa@steinbauer.cc

How do they compare to the Pittsburgh box or Bullydog. Gonna try to get the Pitt box this year. see how my mileage does. Done decent my past 2 loads. 5 mpg even 12 wide,legal height, 122k Fueled in Memphis,Tx to Missouri city,Tx unloaded went to Texarkana,Tx loaded and fueled in Texarkana,Ar. like 900 Plus miles. then hauled ass to Monclova,Oh after fueling in Texarkana cruised at 65 to get unloaded before 1500 friday and fueled yesterday 1125 miles later got 6 even. Idk if I just got summer blend fuel or what but my mileage has jumped up 1.5 mpg's also been cutting the idle down to pto use and charging. Hope to get 6 loaded heavy if I get the box.

Talked to a guy a few weeks ago with an old Western distribution truck he put a box on and he can't take it out of the second setting. Says the truck really starts acting weird. Clutch feels like it wants to release and has had to redo wheel bearings, and stuff. Small driveline

• 2 weeks later...

How do they compare to the Pittsburgh box or Bullydog. Gonna try to get the Pitt box this year. see how my mileage does. Done decent my past 2 loads. 5 mpg even 12 wide,legal height, 122k Fueled in Memphis,Tx to Missouri city,Tx unloaded went to Texarkana,Tx loaded and fueled in Texarkana,Ar. like 900 Plus miles. then hauled ass to Monclova,Oh after fueling in Texarkana cruised at 65 to get unloaded before 1500 friday and fueled yesterday 1125 miles later got 6 even. Idk if I just got summer blend fuel or what but my mileage has jumped up 1.5 mpg's also been cutting the idle down to pto use and charging. Hope to get 6 loaded heavy if I get the box.

Talked to a guy a few weeks ago with an old Western distribution truck he put a box on and he can't take it out of the second setting. Says the truck really starts acting weird. Clutch feels like it wants to release and has had to redo wheel bearings, and stuff. Small driveline

I assume you have a 15ltr Cat, 98 Pete and a Cat with 13 or 18 46 rears and high 3's low 4's gears is a dream machine, a box would just be icing on the cake. Wish I never sold my Pete. I like how the Mack drives, it's sleeper is very comfortable compared to the Pete, she's rugged, the set back axle makes it nice, but the power, ugg, the dog is on the hood for a new reason these days. I have to do something about this.

I assume you have a 15ltr Cat, 98 Pete and a Cat with 13 or 18 46 rears and high 3's low 4's gears is a dream machine, a box would just be icing on the cake. Wish I never sold my Pete. I like how the Mack drives, it's sleeper is very comfortable compared to the Pete, she's rugged, the set back axle makes it nice, but the power, ugg, the dog is on the hood for a new reason these days. I have to do something about this.

Close on the Engine. 15.8 liter /16 supposed to be right at 600hp but I have no clue what it actually is. Does make you feel good though when I am grossing 154k and some vans just stay behind you because they just don't quite have it to get around you in a timely matter going up the mountain. Even out west here. I may be the last one to the top but they are not getting away from me that easily and I am not pushing the truck hard. Don't see the sense in it just to get the pyro temp sky high.

Close on the Engine. 15.8 liter /16 supposed to be right at 600hp but I have no clue what it actually is. Does make you feel good though when I am grossing 154k and some vans just stay behind you because they just don't quite have it to get around you in a timely matter going up the mountain. Even out west here. I may be the last one to the top but they are not getting away from me that easily and I am not pushing the truck hard. Don't see the sense in it just to get the pyro temp sky high.

Just throwing this out there... The PP box will give you plenty of power but I think there are better and safer ways to get bigger HP. alot of the guys over at the diesel garage talk about this and you may want to check out some of the discussions over there.

as for the macks they just dont have the power upgrades like cat,cummins and detroit. little demand for them even tho they could use the help?

Trent