Grandpas car

Timothy Maikshilo

post-3242-0-06688800-1331601418_thumb.pn

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thank you Gentlemen, now I learned something new about that car.

?Here is the advanced class t was built for the owners son as a toy!

http://www.crosleygarage.com/

post-3242-0-66284800-1331605658_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

How come all the guys in the old photos are skinny?

Ahhh - I know, they ate their meals at home, not through a car window

Walk in to a 7- 11 or Big Apple or up Here Irving, look around the 2000 square feet and point out one thing healthy, ok not counting the black and brown bananas by the door. It's amazing how much junk is offered to us daily. I don't think they had all those choices.

Walk in to a 7- 11 or Big Apple or up Here Irving, look around the 2000 square feet and point out one thing healthy, ok not counting the black and brown bananas by the door. It's amazing how much junk is offered to us daily. I don't think they had all those choices.

Not to change the subject but school lunches should be ashamed also. No wonder there are so many young kids over weight.

I'll bet that little refrigerator on wheels was a real chick magnet :loldude:

Very cool. Nice to see that all come together for you Tim. That looks like a unique car with a unique story attached.

Funny you should mention that! as Crosley also actually did build refridgerators,i had an Aunt & Uncle who had both! believe it or not,i still have the fridge in my garage (55 plus years old) still runs like a champ has the top mounted compressor,keeps the beer cold for sure! not so sure about the cars,they had a station wagon,kind of a neat little car for what it was,mechanically simple for sure!.............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Funny you should mention that! as Crosley also actually did build refridgerators,i had an Aunt & Uncle who had both! believe it or not,i still have the fridge in my garage (55 plus years old) still runs like a champ has the top mounted compressor,keeps the beer cold for sure! not so sure about the cars,they had a station wagon,kind of a neat little car for what it was,mechanically simple for sure!.............................Mark

Try to get a sears best to last 55 years, Ha, maybe three when it comes to washing machines.

Yep you both have a good point. Household appliances, just like everything else were built to last back then. When I was younger my parents had appliances in the house that were literally 30 years old give or take. When they finally gave up and were replaced, their replacements collectively only seem too last 4-5 years a piece. From refrigerators to washers/dryers and microwaves.

Try to get a sears best to last 55 years, Ha, maybe three when it comes to washing machines.

We used to be Sears folks - not anymore. We have two washers and two dryers and both run all day long. The sears brands would last a year and a month - right after the warranty ran out.

We now buy all our appliances at Lowe's. It is against my religion, but we buy the five year extended warranty and any little burp it makes - we make them come out and fix it. I don't even care what brand we buy as long as they have to fix it for five years. We are on a first name basis with the repair guy.

I am just glad they do not have hour meters on the washers and dryers - I bet they would refuse to work on them!