What is on this engine

This is in the Mack Museum PDF file it's on page 3. It looks to have a chain or belt driven injector unit on it. I assume it's a pre AC or AB engine. Some kin ship to my AC engine. Early diesel? Never saw anything like it. Paul

http://www.jeffwidmer.com/Downloads/Create/MackHistoryBroFINAL.pdf

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I tended to think lube system like all suggested with the 16 lines. Didn't see any type of pick up though. Almost thought it was a Saurer Petrol Diesel. Lube system makes better sense. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks for the pdf, great reading, read it all. Question: what would be the letter model of the cab over that came out in 74 with aluminum cab and 500hp?

Mack pushes horsepower and comfort to new heights with the

1974 introduction of the Cruise-Liner. Created for the Western

market, the cabover features a popular riveted aluminum cab,

larger radiator and engines rated up to 500 horsepower to master

long runs through mountainous terrain.

I looked for one in truckpaper but nothing came up.

74 to 83 Cruise liner is I believe called a W model. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE