A Vision386 Type Week

other dog

I probably ran almost as hard as Mark this week. I left last Sunday with a load of coils going to Duluth,Ga. Unloaded Monday morning and went up to Clarkesville to get a load of lumber that wasn't ready so I had to go over to Rome and load for Moneta then went to Middlefield,Oh. and unloaded then reloaded a load that was supposed to have went to North Jackson, so I took that to North Jackson then went over to Sharon and loaded coils for Lynchburg,then went by the shop to have the truck serviced before I went to Moneta and loaded for Cortland,Oh. after which I loaded in Sharon for Lynchburg again. Got in about 8:00 last night.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

LMAO! believe it or not,did'nt have all that bad a week, left sunday night,went to Pittsburgh,made 3 stops monday,2 more in Columbus,OH tuesday,made a pickup in Canton,OH,then up to Cleveland,Toledo,2 in Detroit,1 in Novi,MI,1 in Lansing,MI, 1 Hammtramck,MI, emptied out (all but 1 custom display case i picked up in Canton) reloaded a load of patio furniture out of Ann Arbor,MI (got there too late to load thursday night) dropped the cabinet at a private customer (gun store) in Zanesville,OH on my way back,dropped the furniture at the Lowes dist.center in Carolina this morning.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I walked to the shop with my computer and brief case yesterday morning, then I went back to the house to get the remote to turn off the alarm, then I went back to the shop and worked a while, then I went outside and pee-ed, then I went back inside for a little longer, then I went back to the house at lunch-thirty, then I walked back to the shop, then I walked out to measure some items, then I went back in the shop, then I went outside to pee again, then I walked out and checked on some heifers, then I walked to the hay barn, then I fed the cows, then I went back to the shop, then I went in the bathroom and pooped, then I walked to the house -

whew! I almost ran as hard as Vision 386.

I walked to the shop with my computer and brief case full of peierieoggiesses yesterday morning, then I went back to the house to get the remote to turn on the tv, then I went back to the shop and watched cartoons a while, then I went outside and pee-ed, then I went back inside for a little longer, watched spongebob- that Patrick Star is a great actor,eh?-then I went back to the house at lunch-thirty for a delicious yet nutritious meal of more perryogiesess, then I walked back to the shop, watched blue's clues,then I walked out to measure some items,hoping my wife would see me and think I was actually doing something, then I went back in the shop,watched Jerry Springer, then I went outside to pee again, then I walked out and checked on some heifers,hoping my wife would see me and think I was actually doing something, then I walked to the hay barn, then I fed the cows, hoping my wife would be home by then and see me actually doing something, then I went back to the shop and watched Oprah, then I went in the bathroom and pooped, then I walked to the house -

no indoor plumbing in the shop?

Got up at 5AM made coffee loaded the wood burner and got the boy up down to the barn grained and fed and scrape and bed the heifers run the gutter pulg in the loader up to the house boy made breakfast lots of tabasco do some laundry see what you guys are doing and add my 2 cents then load the burner start the loader plow the 12" of F ing snow we got plow out the neighbors anwser the phone for other neighbor about stuck mail lady car in his door yard pull her out go push manure pile and bring in feed eat lunch left over perogies and took out the boys F7 cat got scared and went back in the house became withdrawn and back down the barn to do it again. Bloke from next door came over for diiner and ate pizza and drank long trail black berry wheat brew. Almost as hard a day as that guy from Fulton....

I walked to the shop with my computer and brief case yesterday morning, then I went back to the house to get the remote to turn off the alarm, then I went back to the shop and worked a while, then I went outside and pee-ed, then I went back inside for a little longer, then I went back to the house at lunch-thirty, then I walked back to the shop, then I walked out to measure some items, then I went back in the shop, then I went outside to pee again, then I walked out and checked on some heifers, then I walked to the hay barn, then I fed the cows, then I went back to the shop, then I went in the bathroom and pooped, then I walked to the house -

You call that work? I can do 2 pees and a poop without even getting out of bed!

Uh.......

Anywho, I would like you to teach me how to communicate. I typically leave the house at around 8pm and every so often come stumbling back home around 330 am. It's those nights that the MRS. asked me what I did.

"What'ja do last night?"

"I drove to Summersville, WV and swapped trailers with a driver from Roanoke."

"Then what?"

I..uh..drove back home.

I need to take a night like that and either glorify it or pepper it with so mch gibberish and double-talk that she loses interest.

I'ts funny how when my ass comes dragging in around 9am I don't hear a word. She knows those are high-dollar nights and she can continue to enjoy the lavish lifestyle she's accustomed to.

Jim

I see what you're saying there Green Dash- I didn't try to enhance my story like Olivetroad. I condensed a weeks work into 4 lines, not even mentioning walking to and fro, tarping,strapping,chaining,setting up coil racks,peeing,untarping,unstrapping,unchaining,putting stuff away,unpeeing-never mind,I never un-peed-but then i'm not one to make mountains out of mole hills :whistling:

I have a strap on bag so don't need to be bothered with that type of business. Just remove, replace, and toss at the end of the day.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I see what you're saying there Green Dash- I didn't try to enhance my story like Olivetroad. I condensed a weeks work into 4 lines, not even mentioning walking to and fro, tarping,strapping,chaining,setting up coil racks,peeing,untarping,unstrapping,unchaining,putting stuff away,unpeeing-never mind,I never un-peed-but then i'm not one to make mountains out of mole hills :whistling:

I've un-peed. Stings like a sonofabitch.

I only spent 14 months of my driving career OTR but I used to love those weeks when the loads kept coming and there was minimal downtime. I may have eventually burned me out, but since I was spending the time away from my family, I wanted to make the most of it.

I have a strap on bag so don't need to be bothered with that type of business. Just remove, replace, and toss at the end of the day.

Rob

Like so many truck stop patrons, only some of theirs can't seem to find their way into the trash.

Jim

I knew a couple girls with a strap on....
Prolly always had a smile on their faces, and walked with a happy "swagger" also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

no indoor plumbing in the shop?

We do have a bathroom with stainless sink and a crapper. One of the guys that works for me is 55 years old and for his whole life he has lived where they aren't allowed to put paper down the john so he puts it in the trash can next to the crapper - yes, he puts ALL the used paper in the trash can next to the crapper - yuck! So I tend to stay out of that area - for a couple of years we did not have a toilet brush and we therefore grew the most interesting green algae scum all over the thing. Finally I had enough and bought one - now I do use it for sit down needs, but for peeing, I stroll outside and make my own bathroom.

My latest endeavor in this department is that over the winter, I picked out a flywheel cover off a little briggs engine and I have been peeing on it. I took another one and laid it down off to the side as a control for the experiment. I pee on the one every day and I am hoping to see a big difference in the amount of rust.

During the growing season, I do the same with a couple of weeds that sprout next to a shipping container. This past year, when I first started, I burned all the leaves off the weed and I thought I killed it, but then that damn thing took off like a rocket on my firepower pee fertilizer and grew twice as fast.

This is what we do for entertainment down on the farm

Heh heh,,reminds me of a lil story from early mining days. I started in mines driving coal hauler. We dumped at a crusher, they put up a sign for us to double check dump doors when leaving hopper. I always stopped at sign when i had to piss, if I stood on truck catwalk I could arc a good stream down all over sign. This went on for a long time, and I watch sign slowly corrode and rust badly. Musta been bout a year or so after i began this regimen, sign was almost illegible, went in to work swing shift one day, my truck was down, there was a brand new "check dump door" sign in foremans office. Foreman told me to go take old sign down and put up new one,,,sheeit, what goes round, comes round. randyp

• Like 1

We do have a bathroom with stainless sink and a crapper. One of the guys that works for me is 55 years old and for his whole life he has lived where they aren't allowed to put paper down the john so he puts it in the trash can next to the crapper - yes, he puts ALL the used paper in the trash can next to the crapper - yuck! So I tend to stay out of that area - for a couple of years we did not have a toilet brush and we therefore grew the most interesting green algae scum all over the thing. Finally I had enough and bought one - now I do use it for sit down needs, but for peeing, I stroll outside and make my own bathroom.

My latest endeavor in this department is that over the winter, I picked out a flywheel cover off a little briggs engine and I have been peeing on it. I took another one and laid it down off to the side as a control for the experiment. I pee on the one every day and I am hoping to see a big difference in the amount of rust.

During the growing season, I do the same with a couple of weeds that sprout next to a shipping container. This past year, when I first started, I burned all the leaves off the weed and I thought I killed it, but then that damn thing took off like a rocket on my firepower pee fertilizer and grew twice as fast.

This is what we do for entertainment down on the farm

You have skills as a writer that make the reader feel as if they were....cough cough........barf........right there as the drama unfolds.

Jim

Middlefield,Oh wow thats almost in my back yard i live only 20 miles west.

must be diffirent kinds of pee because the past years on harvest peeing out back behind the camper seems all i could do is make a large dead spot where i took a leak every morning. back in the shop durring the cold Minnesota winters used to pee on the dumpster to see if i could freeze it down before they come back for trash collection next week never suceeded at that one.

My worst (or best) peeing exploit was I bought a freezer at a surplus auction at a hospital that would go down to negative 70 degrees. Guess what I did?

You didn't test it to ensure cryogenically treated piss is safe for human consumption did you?

Rob