1992 Dodge won't stay running

Need help with my son's 360 dodge 1 ton. Truck will start fine and run, then at any time it will stall. Kick the fuel tank and then it will start. Tank is plastic and pump chair is plastic. so I'm thinking bad ground. Plug in looks good? Any ideas? He needs his truck, I want mine back.

post-426-0-79745500-1327696949_thumb.jpg

Need help with my son's 360 dodge 1 ton. Truck will start fine and run, then at any time it will stall. Kick the fuel tank and then it will start. Tank is plastic and pump chair is plastic. so I'm thinking bad ground. Plug in looks good? Any ideas? He needs his truck, I want mine back.
Put a fuel pump module in it. About 80 percent of the time if you just replace the pump itself, the fuel gauge will be short lived as the variable resistor that drives the gauge is a piece of shit. You have a burned spot on the commutator of the actual fuel pump motor and this is quite common among all vehicles using an in tank electric pump.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I own a landscape business with ten of thousands of dollars in small equipment. Ethanol is killing the engines. There is no stations near us in CT that sell straight gas. Also- all trucks are diesels. All four of them have had their tanks, fuel lines, pumps, and injectors replaced due to low sulphur. Same happened to my diesel jetta. Had to replace everything from the tank forward. Fuel pump broke apart into a million pieces. Luckily everything is still under warranty.

I had a 88 dodge that had a similar problem. Turned out it was a $2.00 part that was near the distributor that sent current to fuel pump once it acknowledged a spark. No spark, fuel pump would shut down.

You need new mech! Smacking the tank to get the fuel pump to work is on par with hitting a starter with a hammer when the Bendix is dying. It will get you home but pretty soon it wont.

You are right! - when I go the car auction, I always carry a rubber hammer to beat the fuel tank as needed, along with a insulated jumper screw driver and a brass hammer to beat around on the starter!