E7/b61 Heart Translant?

Hey fellas we have began the retore on the little B61 but i was curious what you guys thought of dropping a E7 mechanical 300 in her..the original seems to run great but i do have a complet E7 laying around...what s the pros and cons and the rate of difficulty thoughts and opinions please

..(oh and id be needing a transmission to mate to the E7)

well i know it wasn't hard when i helped do this one but for the life of me i can't remember exactly what we did to fit it in

I do know that the "Quad box" didn't last to long behind the "237" as he's since replaced it with a 10 speed air change

here's a pic or two

th_CamsBWpic.jpg th_100_0457.jpg th_100_0456.jpg th_100_0451.jpg th_100_0439.jpg

Edited by werkhorse

Well do you think it would be "Taboo" to pull the engine and bastardize it with the new plant or should i just give the stock plant a try? I do know she needs injector/pump work for sure and maybe rings who knows.

Edited by MACKMADMAN

Well do you think it would be "Taboo" to pull the engine and bastardize it with the new plant or should i just give the stock plant a try?

A Mack is a Mack in my opinion. You could put one of those newer E7's in there with a new maxitorque and a new set of mack rears and it wont be a bastard.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

As was stated previously, my main concern would be where to put the charge air cooler without making it look like a butchered up mess.

There's no room in the radiator area as it is on a b61, trying to jam a charge air cooler in there ain't gonna work.

Why not preserve it in it's original form, with the stock engine & transmission?

Just my .02.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

As was stated previously, my main concern would be where to put the charge air cooler without making it look like a butchered up mess.

There's no room in the radiator area as it is on a b61, trying to jam a charge air cooler in there ain't gonna work.

Why not preserve it in it's original form, with the stock engine & transmission?

Just my .02.

Would the tipturbine intercooler from a E6 work on a E7 just wandering. Ron

correct me if im wrong but the exhaust header and intake runners on the 2 valve tip turbine have a diffrent bolt pattern than the E7s. If that is correct the headers and intake set up from a 2v will not bolt up to a 4v

I have seen E6 4VH with the tipturbine setup , awile back there was a post that said the oil pans were the same between the E6-E7s, the engines look simuliar i didnt know if anone has tried it. Thanks Ron