Oil in the air system

billythekid

You probably have residual oil in the plumbing from the compressor passing oil. This will take a while to work out by itself. I like to take the compressor discharge line loose and every place else easy to get to and then using a compressed air engine washing gun with a suction hose in a pail of alcohol, blow the lines clean. When finished, allow the alcohol to dry for about an hour before reconnecting the fittings. The inject alcohol into the system when it is running to pass any effluent into the air tanks to drain out. It will take a while to get all the oil out depending on how much was there but it will eventually clean up.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thank you rob im going to have to give it a shot.Hopefully this weekend i could work with it because ive been adding alcohol, just in the tanks because it's been frezing up on me because of it so i have to drain the tanks and i get a good quarter of a pail full of crap so hopefully this work's thank's again.

IjHHk.jpg

Can't believe I forgot to mention the air dryer cartridge. I would also get a rebuild kit for the discharge valve while it is apart, and check the heater for the air dryer if equipt with such.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I will do so get a new filter for the air dryer that and do what you said rob

Be sure to wipe out the inside of the air dryer housing too. To be safe, I'd prolly get two filter cartriges and change the element again in a month or so as it could continue to trap foreign matter as the system completes it cleanup.

Rob

my 2 cents worth from the udder side of the world

if the compressor air intake is hookd up 2 the engine air cleaner

n when the Govonor cuts out @ 120psi the suction from the mighty marvelous mack motor can suk oil up past the compressor piston rings

n then gets blown south to the wet tank

it happens more when the air cleaner element is plugged a little

ifn U get my drift

a little oil thru the air system hurts nun

n tiz better than haveing water or condensation as this causes rust thru out the air system

cya

§wishy