overworked R model

Spent the whole day yesterday, took a day off from the big fill haul to doctor on ole r a while. Its been getting the shit worked out of it. The last oil change I took it to truck lube center, dam dumbass "wetback minimim wage asshole" working there bout gave me a heart attack. i had to watch him like a hawk. While back i bought me a oil change buggy to start doing that shit myself my way, the right safe way. Changed oil, fuel filters, greased, etc. I never in my life saw oil filters so freaking tight. Wound up having to drive screwdriver through filters to get them off, I dont know what the hell pablo torqed them sumbitches on with, prolly didnt lube rubber ring either. He wasnt gonna prefill filters either till i gnawed parta summa his ass off either. Anyway, all is well now and its ready to go back to work Monday. Ifn you want things done right, gotta do it yourself,,,randyp

• Like 1

Thanks for welcome back friends, hated to lay out so long, but been pulling some long days. I WILL know sumpin definitely on that other ole Mack Monday Rob. He did call me other day and said he would take 7. i told him no, 5 is my offer, and i was looking at a newer one anyway. He stammered around and said he would think bout it, for me to wait till least Monday to move on another one and he would let me know for sure Monday. im bout through with fill anyway, so if i do buy his, will have a lil time to bring it home and whip it into shape. That would be good, i hate to mechanic in a big hurry anyway. i think i could make it into a clean lil dependable working rig. im kinda partial to those ole r's anyway. Hope all had really good holidays and all make a million dollars this new year and be safe. randyp

post-4330-0-95051900-1326028074_thumb.jp

heh heh Hatcity,,,on a sidenote,,,wadded handy dandy manual thumb i put on excavator last summer. i locked it down in working position this week to load some concrete chunks i busted up, way overloaded it and just really peeled it nearly plum off boom. i didnt hurt boom any, but made messs out of base plate of thumb, just peeled it back from boom. im gonna arc it off and put lil heavier plate under it and start over. I knew i was stressing it ,,,but,,,oh well,,,shit happens. A thumb has to know its limitations. randyp

And also and heretofore Rob, If I get old mack, gonna take it to Dump Mfg. in Talco first thing and let them remove all that homemade dump control shit and put in a nice new factory control unit with air controled PTO, all mounted in nice new pedestal in floor. Guess i took your advice,,,,,randyp

Good to see you back! yep i agree,want anything done right,gotta do it yourself!......................had a flat on my new trailer back before christmas,had to explain to pancho 6 times that i wanted the wheel holes lined up! no savvy? and smiles,well dammit i savvy! put the damn wheel and tire on the right way!!!!!!!! i guess maybe its the 'Jersey" in me,but Ol'Mark aint got near as much patience as he used to have, specially' for stupidity!........................welcome back!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks Mark, i know what you mean bout the "patience" thing. i am same way, wife says Im getting "senile". i ought not be that way, but we are loaded up with Panchos round here, cheap labor, but shoddy work and dumbass work goes along with that cheap labor. Am bout fed up with that crap! randyp

And also and heretofore Rob, If I get old mack, gonna take it to Dump Mfg. in Talco first thing and let them remove all that homemade dump control shit and put in a nice new factory control unit with air controled PTO, all mounted in nice new pedestal in floor. Guess i took your advice,,,,,randyp

You really will like that setup once you are comfortable with it's use. Another word of advice, have an ancillary red light installed into the dash so you can tell when the PTO is engaged. I know the floor tower will have one but believe me, complacency will set it over time and you will not look at the light. If there is a red "meatball" staring you in the face, you are less likely to forget the PTO is engaged.

Something else I had installed onto the carrier beds was "proof switches" to let the driver know the bed was slid all the way forward into the locks. This could be incorporated into a dump body also to ensure it is completely down, but I've never seen it myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't have a light but you damn sure know it is on. You hear it. Damn does it howl

In a quiet truck it is easy to hear, and feel. In a noisy, and less than smooth operating environment, they burn up easily.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Glad to see ya back Randy. Rob, look at any Waste Management rolloff. They have the most obnoxious alarms when the rails arn't down. Guess they go along with the quality of drivers their able to hire.

We don't have any of those guys around here in the rolloff business. Peoria Disposal has that market but they don't have any alarms. You will see them on the road with the rails up a bit at times.

They run through a lot of employees to. Bout on par with McDonalds.

Rob

In a quiet truck it is easy to hear, and feel. In a noisy, and less than smooth operating environment, they burn up easily.

Rob

Thats true. Mine isn't the quietest thing out there. I ususally forget when I am in and out of the truck doing something with the trailer. Either moving the kingpin,or some other stuff. It drives almost like the power divider is on Hard to shift.