New Seat

I drove petes they r cool but no pete out there could do the work my mack does, my last truck was a w900l kw tryaxle dump, i was a good truck it had so much more room in the cab that my mack and alot more softer but when u got to go off road mack is the only way to go .

Not to change the topic, but michigan highway patrol says the placement of that fire extinguisher is against there law. Last month while going thru the peoples republic of michigan a copper pulled over my fellow driver in a 2000 RD and could not find anything wrong with the truck but said that Macks placement of the fire ext. is not allowed, and issued us a ticket and fine. However upon writing a letter to the judge took care of all the issues.

Kinda silly if ya ask me. Its a perfect place to put one I think, but what do I know...Im just a simple trucker.

Not to change the topic, but michigan highway patrol says the placement of that fire extinguisher is against there law. Last month while going thru the peoples republic of michigan a copper pulled over my fellow driver in a 2000 RD and could not find anything wrong with the truck but said that Macks placement of the fire ext. is not allowed, and issued us a ticket and fine. However upon writing a letter to the judge took care of all the issues.

Kinda silly if ya ask me. Its a perfect place to put one I think, but what do I know...Im just a simple trucker.

That sucks where is the right place to mount it then.

I believe that according to DOT regs the fire extinguisher is not considered 'readily accessible'. It's difficult to reach all the way around the shifter and across the cab in an emergency. Prefered location is left side of drivers seat it's easy to get to and view the gauge during inspection. I know they don't like them in the luggage compartment either.

Yea the seat is comfortable, if u ride with the stock seat all the way down with no air u gona get a bad back soner or later,with this new seat i could raise it all the way up and its about the same height as the stock seat when it was all the way down but it got air now.

My last truck was bought new from kw and the fire extinguisher was already bolted down on the left side of the drivers seat, so i guess that i where there suppost to go, but im not moving mine in the mack

• 2 weeks later...