Free to a good home, tail light assembly

hay jay i got two questions for ya. i think i see some on the back of your u model cab but there are two reflector lights on each side of the back of the cab. do you know if they are original because on my u model i see there was some there. also do you have any pictures of what the correct tail lights for the u model are that you put on yours? because mine dont have any tail lights. thanks, vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Vinny, I think the reflectors are original and correct like the ones on B models. I put on 2 single , 3 way tail lights.Might not be spot on factory. Also by taking tyhe light assembly off I exposed the air tank on the back of the tractor. I sanded and painted that to match the truck. Also the tail lights I got bolted right in the factory holes. Heres a pic.

post-2596-0-90157000-1322089956_thumb.jp

• Like 1

The lights are easy to get. Its a kit , Very easy to put together. When I go out to the garage I will get the name and all and il PM them to you. Reflectors are just normal ones from NAPA pretty much. If you need any pics il be happy to get some. Id really like a pintle hook on the back of mine!

Is that your full flo filter mounted behind the cab? If you wouldnt mind posting a pic of it and the mounting bracket. My brother has a 67 R607 and the engine mounted full flo bracket has always been a problem. It has been welded and fixed so many times that we are thinking about mounting the filter on the frame. I just want to do it so it looks factory. Thanks

Mine came with them, then I took them off for a bit but my wife likes them so I put them back on last week. They do look nice with the front hub caps.

If you need anything else just let me know.

Mike, I have been working hard, my wife ,kids, and I have put in alot of hours. Its getting there. Its nothing like it was when I got it back in July.

And if anyone wants the tail lights just let me know , if not im gonna get rid of them.

I got my last set from Greens Salvage in Fremont, NC. I know he's got more , im not sure what I paid for them. I walked one of 3 junk yards he has and pulled the set myself. 919) 242-5274 . Im sure one of his two daugheters will ansewer the phone , they know EVERYTHING about trucks, put me to shame. Some other guys on here have used them before.

I got my last set from Greens Salvage in Fremont, NC. I know he's got more , im not sure what I paid for them. I walked one of 3 junk yards he has and pulled the set myself. 919) 242-5274 . Im sure one of his two daugheters will ansewer the phone , they know EVERYTHING about trucks, put me to shame. Some other guys on here have used them before.

Sure appreciate the heads up on that parts yard. I'll sure give them a call tomorrow. Don't think i'll be farming anything out again. Makes me alittle gun shy. If they have what I need then i'm sure i'll be going there soon.

Thanks

mike

Mine came with them, then I took them off for a bit but my wife likes them so I put them back on last week. They do look nice with the front hub caps.

If you need anything else just let me know.

Mike, I have been working hard, my wife ,kids, and I have put in alot of hours. Its getting there. Its nothing like it was when I got it back in July.

And if anyone wants the tail lights just let me know , if not im gonna get rid of them.

ok thanks jay i will let you know if i need anything else. thanks,vinny :twothumbsup:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

ya,,im with you,,,think i like the square better,,,,who cares if thier stock of not,,,im not that anal.lol,,,was even thinkin of using the old ford truck lites...not that fussy,,long as thier nice and bright...man,,you certainly did a nice jub detailing your truck,,jay...very nice,,those drivers look like they will outlast both of us...wow.bob

Yeah , I got lucky with this set and the set on the B 61. Just kinda fell in my lap at $50 a tire. The B 61 tires were already on the rim , the U models I had to change myself.

Im anal about being correct But the square lights are way more correct than the light assembly it had on it.

Thanks for the kind words guys, im not done. It always gives me somethign to tinker on. The marker lights are my next job. Il put in a order with Barry when I can for 5 more.