Corporate Mack Red is not that bright. If you are willing to go non original, shop a paint jobber, (vendor) and look through the color books. GM, as well as Ford and Chrysler have brilliant bright reds available as do many import nameplates. Purchase good stuff or it will go pink as the hue deteriorates through exposure to the elements.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Im looking to do the same to mine, I was going with a Fire Engine color. Good point about buying quality paint.

"Fire engine red", (as it's called) has an enormous amount of blue, and black in it for the deep hue that one sees. For brightness to the eye you need to stay away from these colors. Bright, or brilliant red has a bit of intense yellow, white, a touch of black, and plenty or red/orange intermixing base.

Ferrari has the brightest red I've ever sprayed as does Lamborghini, (both Pinafarina colors).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob you artist , Im not wanting a real bright red but a color brighter than Fire Engine might work. Thats about 3rd or 4th on the list of things to do to my truck next.

Many of the colors marketed as "Performance Red" will be in line with what you are looking for most likely. These have a pretty high solids base composition to them and don't require a lot of material for coverage. Red being the second most expensive pigment to acquire drives the cost up so you would be best to use a tintable undercoat to lessen the burden of the topcoat cost. Don't skimp on the clearcoat if you decide to go that way.

Rob

Rob you artist , Im not wanting a real bright red but a color brighter than Fire Engine might work. Thats about 3rd or 4th on the list of things to do to my truck next.

Yup. Number one should be send me that PTO and adapter with the stud kit for my B67. How much you need for it?

Rob

"Fire engine red", (as it's called) has an enormous amount of blue, and black in it for the deep hue that one sees. For brightness to the eye you need to stay away from these colors. Bright, or brilliant red has a bit of intense yellow, white, a touch of black, and plenty or red/orange intermixing base.

There are as many "fire engine" reds as there are fire engines. Every manufacturer had their own color as well as the many different colors that each purchaser specified. As Rob said most fire apparatus is actually a deeper red, with many an almost maroon color. The vendors will have listings for American LaFrance red for example which is a very dark, maroon like red.

The brightest red I ever saw on apparatus was what the LA City FD used. I don't know the color number, but it is much brighter than most.

Mine was done with a Ford red (according to the color match the computer came up with) and it is not a real bright red either.

Now if you want it really bright you could paint it aircraft orange like we did on a couple of our apparatus. God ugliest fire truck that ever drove down a highway!

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Rob, Did you get a match on the Rustoleum Regal Red?

Shelf stock color. I need to get this stuff off to you as I'm cleaning shop, (again).

Rob