New to the Mack world

Scott G

Hello. I am new to the Mack World. I have aquired a Mack truck - model LJSWX with a Mack diesel, a 4 X 5 transmission set up. It sat in a storage unit for 20 years. I drained fluids and replaced. I installed a new battery. I primed the fuel pump and she started right up. THe last registration says that this is a 1957 Mack but I am not sure it is. The chassis number is LJ2DX5355. I am looking for any and all information I can find on this truck. I am looking for r&r engine manuals and r&R truck manuals. I want to do a complete restoration on this truck. I would appreciate any help from all you experts out there .... 2 photos attached. THank you very much!post-9810-0-64717500-1320542139_thumb.jppost-9810-0-51186800-1320542173_thumb.jp

Sweet truck,I like it.The LJSWX production ended in '56 with the introduction of the B-80 series,but it could be very possible for yours to be titled a '57.Your's has had a little creative"cosmetic surgery"sometime in it's life,but it looks very well done,and it were mine,I'd leave it that way just for the conversation value.The radiator shell is from an Autocar,radiator probably is too,because the heavy duty LJSWX had a cast iron external radiator.The hood may also be Autocar and the fenders are either Autocar or homemade.

Neat truck,but as allready stated you have some Autocar cross breeding there! grille shell for sure,as well as the headlights,and probably the fenders as well,which to my eye may or may not make any difference,as it does not look "pieced together" as many of these type trucks do. Personally i would leave it as is cosmetically,as you surely have a unique looking truck! and no better advise is given than to contact the Mack museum first and get your information on the trucks pedigree before getting too far into it. Good luck with it,and keep us posted! most everyone on here is willing to help save a classic Mack from the scrapyard!...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It might have the original dust and dirt on it. So it may be a good idea to keep it like it is. I've been to shows that the officials liked overspray on everything and they won the trophies, called home cooking. That happened to our club in Memphis, TN back in the early eighties. We never returned.

mike