I want to hook up a CB radio in my 1960 B61. It is still 24v start, 12v run. It still is + ground. Is there any way to hook up this radio without changing over to - ground? Thanks for any help.

Positive ground radios are few and far between. I've seen polarity changing boxes in the aftermarket but cannot remember a vendor. Might do a google search for such.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Another alternative would be to create a negative ground power box for use in the cab. All you need to do is to isolate it electrically from the truck by running wires directly to the power source as Fred recommends in the previous post. You could place cigarette lighter outlets that are negative ground in the box that would allow you to use devices such as GPS receivers or phone chargers as well as the radio hook up.

I would create an isolated ground bar in the box with a wire running directly to the negative battery post and an isolated positive power strip powered by a direct wire to the positive battery post. Just make sure you protect the circuit at the battery with a fuse or circuit breaker.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

You have some good, simple solutions in these replies.

Just in case you aren't comfortable doing these things yourself (like me),

consider Radio Shack or an electronics hobbyist vendor. I know Radio Shack

used to handle polarity reversing boxes - not sure if they still do or not.

Paul Van Scott