Kumho tires

Anyone ever run Kumho tires? I've been shopping around for new drive tires and got a pretty good price for kumho but I never have run them. I'm also curious where they are made. Their website says the company started in Korea but they now are in U.S. Don't know if that's headquarters or an actual factory. I'm not buying any if they aren't made in the U.S.A. Trey

Anyone ever run Kumho tires? I've been shopping around for new drive tires and got a pretty good price for kumho but I never have run them. I'm also curious where they are made. Their website says the company started in Korea but they now are in U.S. Don't know if that's headquarters or an actual factory. I'm not buying any if they aren't made in the U.S.A. Trey
There factorys arenin Korea, China, Vietnam, they received there US dot# An Rating in 1966, none are manufactured in the US. BULLHUSK..PS If you want to just Google 'where are Kumho tires manufactured?' It gives you a whole rundown on the co.
  • Like 1

I have run the Kumho KRD01 drive tires for the past 5 or 6 years and they are exceptional tires. My tire size is 11Rx24.5 and I always make sure I buy the 16 plys. I always get good wear, they never dip out and hardly ever get any flats. Nails and screws can't make it all the way through. The 16 plys ride a little rough but I'll put up with it due to the other benefits.

The KRD01's are a solid shoulder tire and my dad went shopping for some a few weeks ago and the dealer told him they were not available anymore. He bought some KRD03's which are an open shoulder but still 16 plys. The price has also gone up. The Kumho's are now about the same price as a set of Michelin's or Goodyear's. I have no complaints and would run another set.

I have run the Kumho KRD01 drive tires for the past 5 or 6 years and they are exceptional tires. My tire size is 11Rx24.5 and I always make sure I buy the 16 plys. I always get good wear, they never dip out and hardly ever get any flats. Nails and screws can't make it all the way through. The 16 plys ride a little rough but I'll put up with it due to the other benefits.

The KRD01's are a solid shoulder tire and my dad went shopping for some a few weeks ago and the dealer told him they were not available anymore. He bought some KRD03's which are an open shoulder but still 16 plys. The price has also gone up. The Kumho's are now about the same price as a set of Michelin's or Goodyear's. I have no complaints and would run another set.

Only thing I hate about 16ply tires is when ever I have had a tire failure. I cannot find any anywhere. I started going back to the 14 ply tires myself. They are alot easier to come across