1961 Killer B, backbone of my business

To all you Mack afficianados and purveyors of fine equipment, and not to mention knowledgeable people who have been there and done that,,,,have a mechanical question. Killer B just runs like a top, builds up air super quick, but the wet side of tank gets a lot of engine oil in it after each use. I had developed a leak on side of block where luberfiner bypass filter bolts on with 4 bolts. I took all that off today, (they were all hand loose) cleaned them up, put loctite on them and good lock washers, and seem to have got that slobbering stopped. My question is, all this oil is coming through air compressor collecting in wet tank. It builds air super quick and holds it. Is there maybe one seal that maybe needs replacing rather than replacing or overhauling air compressor? The unit builds air so fast, makes me think rings are okay, maybe just have a main seal out. What you knowledgeable friends think,,any ideas, I havent paid attention to what brand it is. Killer gets hauling duty bout every other day, and is kinda the backbone of all my moving. Input is appreciated,,,Thanks friends,,,,,randyp

To all you Mack afficianados and purveyors of fine equipment, and not to mention knowledgeable people who have been there and done that,,,,have a mechanical question. Killer B just runs like a top, builds up air super quick, but the wet side of tank gets a lot of engine oil in it after each use. I had developed a leak on side of block where luberfiner bypass filter bolts on with 4 bolts. I took all that off today, (they were all hand loose) cleaned them up, put loctite on them and good lock washers, and seem to have got that slobbering stopped. My question is, all this oil is coming through air compressor collecting in wet tank. It builds air super quick and holds it. Is there maybe one seal that maybe needs replacing rather than replacing or overhauling air compressor? The unit builds air so fast, makes me think rings are okay, maybe just have a main seal out. What you knowledgeable friends think,,any ideas, I havent paid attention to what brand it is. Killer gets hauling duty bout every other day, and is kinda the backbone of all my moving. Input is appreciated,,,Thanks friends,,,,,randyp

I've used these guys a couple of times as they are close and do good work.

They have treated me right knowing my trucks are antiques so may be worth asking about for a cost savings.

http://www.rebuildersenterprises.com/

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've used these guys a couple of times as they are close and do good work.

They have treated me right knowing my trucks are antiques so may be worth asking about for a cost savings.

http://www.rebuildersenterprises.com/

Rob

Rob, are these guys part of Midway Truck parts. Midway was sold to FleetPride a while back.

Rob, are these guys part of Midway Truck parts. Midway was sold to FleetPride a while back.

Not that I'm aware of unless they were absorbed into the corp.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.