New To Bmt

mackbulldog64

My name is Terry E Davis Of Johnson City N.Y. and my favorite mack is the Mack CL700 which i saw on this site they stopped makin it but they plan on replacing it in year 2008.My guess is they will change the nose on it and keep the cab the same.Also anybody know why they stopped putting sleepers on them?In our area we run mostly CL700 tri axle dump trucks and tri axle heavy hauler to pull low boys.There is a truckin outfit near me called Alnye Truckin from moravia ny and they run 95% mack CL700's.Since 1994 they run on a 2 year lease on then and at the end of 2 year lease or 300,000 mile they turn them in and get 30 more but in 02 and 03 they stopped and got 06's now.They run some 06's with some odd type sleepers on them that dont look good as the mack sleeper's they had before.Also why i think they held off on leasing the 06 mack's is the poeple they lease them from called beam mack has problems selling and wholesaleing them out becuase there is 30 of them everytime they renew a lease on new trucks every two years.The used truck market got saturated with all these alnye macks over the years and i seen them sitting on truck lots for over 3 yrs not being sold.Any truth to what i am saying i am only guessing on this.I also collect 1/64 scale trucks Kenworth and Mack.Any collectors here?Barry! u r doing a awsome job with this site and i am learning alot on mack.Well enough said for now and glad i found u guys here:)

All my best,

Terry E Davis of Johnson City N.Y.

:WELCOME: Mackbulldog64 to BMT GLAD TO HAVE YA HERE .

Hmm i learned something new out your post i had no idea tha they was replacing the CL Series in 2008 probly w/ somthing that will look like a volvo :idunno: oh well live & learn ;)

later

Bulldog aka :mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

terry

The cl is done in 07 (only engine you can get is a cummins, mack owners want mack, sales died)

Seen 2007 cl's for sale in canada with sleepers.

The milk trucks out of ny (Alnye) seen the cl's with the box sleepers looks like it came off a R-model

the reason is for resale that sleeper will work on any truck or can be export.

Most of Alnye's resale is to be day cab or tandem dump market.

(Mack3p) is the only one here that knows what the 2008 is going to look like (HE THE MAN)

Welcome, take care,

Jim

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM