Retired Blackie

randyp

I bought a 2001 dodge 2500SLT 4x4, 6 speed manual, HO cummins 5.9, 135,000 miles. I hope it is good as ole blackie was,,,sure got some good cool air on it,,,randyp

got a 98 with a 5 speed. identical to that except mine is gray. Runs like a raped ape and even though it is geared high it pulls good when I needed to pull something.

Nice ride Randy. Thought of you today. Was stopped for road construction waiting on the pilot car to come back to lead me down the road and looked over at a road packer or whatever they call them that was sporting a red dot a/c on the back of the cab. Thought of hopping out and confescating it for you but figgered you wouldn't be interested in a used "unit". Trey

Nice ride Randy. Thought of you today. Was stopped for road construction waiting on the pilot car to come back to lead me down the road and looked over at a road packer or whatever they call them that was sporting a red dot a/c on the back of the cab. Thought of hopping out and confescating it for you but figgered you wouldn't be interested in a used "unit". Trey

heh heh,,,Trey, In this mess we having here now, "used" unit would be very welcome! According to weather channel, texas is bout to get in a even bigger bind for rain, there is nothing in sight,,,its getting tough,,,thanks, randyp

got a 98 with a 5 speed. identical to that except mine is gray. Runs like a raped ape and even though it is geared high it pulls good when I needed to pull something.

Mine is geared 4.10 slpwker, dont bother me much though, I drive like granpa anyway,,,randyp

I hope my gorilla don't hear you use the term "raped ape" cause randyp is gonna be in a whole world of hurt if she does.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mine is geared 4.10 slpwker, dont bother me much though, I drive like granpa anyway,,,randyp

Mine has 3.55's i don't do any off road anymore since I quit being an operator. 99% of my driving is all highway. thinking about gearing it 3.73,or 4.10 and put a gearvendor behind it. but on the good side if I take it easy. and not run real hard I have gotten over 600 miles out of the tank. 36 gallon

• Like 1

heh heh,,,Trey, In this mess we having here now, "used" unit would be very welcome! According to weather channel, texas is bout to get in a even bigger bind for rain, there is nothing in sight,,,its getting tough,,,thanks, randyp

Yep, it's bad. Picked the tomatoes when I got home today, but the whole garden is just about dried up and blown away.

Did you trade 'ol blackie, or will Spot be seen cruisin' Daingerfield in it on Saturday nights now?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yep, it's bad. Picked the tomatoes when I got home today, but the whole garden is just about dried up and blown away.

Did you trade 'ol blackie, or will Spot be seen cruisin' Daingerfield in it on Saturday nights now?

No, didnt figure I would get anything on a trade, bought dodge from a private party anyway, just gonna clean and fumigate blackie and sell it,,,randyp

No, didnt figure I would get anything on a trade, bought dodge from a private party anyway, just gonna clean and fumigate blackie and sell it,,,randyp

Those older pickups still fetch a good dollar up here if not all beat up. Texas doesn't have a lot of the rust issues we do.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

post-4436-0-79064900-1310767381_thumb.jp

post-4436-0-98543800-1310767411_thumb.jp

Was gonna grab one of those stickers for my truck but forgot and walked right past the Mack booth when leaving.

Rob

Older pickups are also at a premium in virginia,good clean used truck down here sells for top dollar,even have a few small dealers that re-sale nothing but used pickups. Down here,Ford seems to be the big seller,i see a lot of them running around, but i have been offered 17K for my 1970 C-10 Chevy! but prolly never sell it,had it since i was 15,lotta memories in the ol' girl!..............Mark

post-5836-0-27522700-1310782839_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.