R 700L

cov1

what is a good price to ask for a 1973 r700 long hood the truck is in good condition probally a 7 or 8 on scale of 1 to 10

One would need more information to go on. What series is it, tractor, single axle or tandem, engine/trans, etc.

I'd bet Mark would give you a hundred bucks for it however.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

One would need more information to go on. What series is it, tractor, single axle or tandem, engine/trans, etc.

Rob

I'll make it 200

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

i call $250..bob

Yeah, well I think he ought to just give it to me for stablemates to the ones I already have. This is of course is partially due to my cheery disposition, and willingness to "share my girls". Hell he could have each for a night at no charge.

See, "what a guy" I am.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yeah, well I think he ought to just give it to me for stablemates to the ones I already have. This is of course is partially due to my cheery disposition, and willingness to "share my girls". Hell he could have each for a night at no charge.

See, "what a guy" I am.

Rob

yyyyyyeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!you are the man.but talk about a hussler.lol.bob :chili:

Rob

Indeed! i might even go a "hunnert & and a half" if in running condition,with all new tires!........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Indeed! i might even go a "hunnert & and a half" if in running condition,with all new tires!........Mark

I would expect no less.

Rob

i dont know the series....how do i tell? its a tandem axle cummins motor 10 speed trans runs and drives good i use it to pull a dump trailer or lowboy about 3 times a week. i think the motor is a three hundred it had a 290 in it and it burt a piston so i had a motor put in it.

Alright now let's get serious. I personally like the R700 series so here goes:

On the right frame rail just behind the rear spring hanger for the leaf spring there will be a number stamped. This number will be about 5/8 inches tall and is a series of letters and numbers and could be anywhere from nine to 13 characters in length. An example is: RL797LST19001 which is one of my trucks. This number is a very good starting point. If you can get this number and post it along with some photos, many of the participants on the board will willingly help you. Location is another large contributing factor.

Rob

Well,its against my better judgement,but IF it were a 500 V-8,and all the NOS chrome and emblems were included,i would go up to a "buck seventy-five".................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Well,its against my better judgement,but IF it were a 500 V-8,and all the NOS chrome and emblems were included,i would go up to a "buck seventy-five".................Mark

You're making the bidding difficult. I may have to "snipe you" at the end.

I need another 700 like I need another set of hemorhoids to match the set already in place.

Rob

Looks to be a nice truck but the photos are much too small to go with. Try to upload with at least a 640X480 resolution.

Rob

i took them with a phone so i cant get them any bigger but i can email them to you

I'll try to xpand them and repost:

robsautoaffair@gmail.com

Rob

That chassis record shows the truck to have been built 11.30.73. Doesn't show the engine, but it should have been a Cummins engine. RTF915 transmission, CRDLP92/93 with 4.17 ratio, FA535C front axle, 9 leaf Mack camelback rear suspension with split trunnion, 22" spoke wheels front and back.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Quite a nice looking tractor Adam. Thanks for posting. Hopefully these will do you some good. Feel free to email more photos if you wish as we all enjoy them.

Mark, it's not a western but a damned nice truck. I think it'd be worth yur hunnert and a half!

Rob

post-78-0-55505100-1309818052_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-97866900-1309818061_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-32125400-1309818068_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-33086300-1309818077_thumb.jpg