R 700L

cov1

Quite a nice looking tractor Adam. Thanks for posting. Hopefully these will do you some good. Feel free to email more photos if you wish as we all enjoy them.

Mark, it's not a western but a damned nice truck. I think it'd be worth yur hunnert and a half!

Rob

Yes it would! i agree,thats a damn nice lookin truck! looks to be in very good shape!...............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've seen running trucks in apparent similar condition go from a low of $2500.00 to a high of about $7500.00. This is based on simple observations and yields no accuracy.

Of course If I made the millions of dollars annually most truck drivers do, I could prolly afford to make the purchase myself but I promised "Momma", "No more Macks".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Millions of dollars?? LMFAO!!!!! :wacko: as my my dad would say when he became frustrated with the trucking business,"You know boy,sometimes i feel like if i bought a cemetary,people would quit dying,just to spite me!" LOL!.........Mark

ok thanks i got a little more than than in it.....truckpaper had me curious cause ive seen them around 15000. but i would like to find a power steering system for the ole dog

I do think you are WAY out of the ballpark at anywhere near $15,000!,but seriously,i think $8500 is a more realistic starting point (just my un-educated opinon)...............Mark

oh no thats not what i was gonna ask for it i dont know if i even want to sell it i was just curious ive never had a mack so i didnt know much about the truck. ive got somewhere around 10000 in the truck because of the old motor that blew up

oh no thats not what i was gonna ask for it i dont know if i even want to sell it i was just curious ive never had a mack so i didnt know much about the truck. ive got somewhere around 10000 in the truck because of the old motor that blew up

ok thanks i got a little more than than in it.....truckpaper had me curious cause ive seen them around 15000. but i would like to find a power steering system for the ole dog

I've seen listings on truckpaper.com that are fair, but most are exhorbitant and unrealistic. If that truck is listed at say $15000.00, I think it will be for sale quite a spell. One must keep in mind that it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. A lot of companies would not lease the truck on due to age. I know you stated you had to put an engine in the chassis but unfortunately, most think of this as maintenance and upkeep and therefore adds very little value, (if any).

It sounds like with the engine going south you may be "upside down" in the truck which is never a good place to be. Never been there myself so have no real experience. If you have work, it is a nice enough unit to keep going. Finding a integral power steering gear will not be difficult for the truck at all. I don't know Cummins engines but a pump, reservoir, and hoses will also be required and if driven by the air compressor, a coupling kit.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

the new motor has a power steering pump on it so all i need is the box and lines i think..... ill just keep driving the ole truck around its not eating nothin but fuel and kinda enjoy driving it cause of the looks it gets on the highway and black smoke lol

the new motor has a power steering pump on it so all i need is the box and lines i think..... ill just keep driving the ole truck around its not eating nothin but fuel and kinda enjoy driving it cause of the looks it gets on the highway and black smoke lol

If you have been running that pump without oil it is probably no longer any good. Most power steering pumps on large trucks are gear type and they will chew the back plate up without oil. Assuming your steering gear is inside the left frame rail, the steering gear and drag link will not be much of a problem to acquire. You could even get those new/rebuilt.

Black smoke? Yeah, that's what real trucks do.

Rob

Thats what i like to hear! what engine is currently in the tractor? power steering as Rob stated is easily accomplished,personally (for a non-working truck) i like the "feel" of a truck without power steering,as thats what i learned to drive on,but could'nt live without it for day to day operations,as i go to some pretty "tight" places to get in and out of! start doing little repairs/upgrades and you'll be suprized how fast the ol'dog will grow on you!....Mark

its a 300 cummins the pump is not currently on the truck we removed it until i could find all the parts and its not bad like you said as long as you dont get in any tight places i would also like to find the harware to put a exaust pipe on the drivers side or is that against old mack truck guys rules :(

its a 300 cummins the pump is not currently on the truck we removed it until i could find all the parts and its not bad like you said as long as you dont get in any tight places i would also like to find the harware to put a exaust pipe on the drivers side or is that against old mack truck guys rules :(

Personally I like a single stack on the right side but that is my preference. Dual stacks look nice also.

Glad you took that pump off till ready for use.

Rob

I'm with Rob on the single exhaust, at least on an R or RD. The RL, RS, and RW look good with two though.

Thought i might be the only one who thought like that! i like a single stack on a daycab,but think RL/RS/RW sleeper trucks looks "balanced" with dual exaust.........Mark