Antique Insurance Questions

I have been with Condon and Skelly (Maple Shade, NJ) since I bought my truck in 2002. They have provided me exceptional coverage through Met Life at a really decent rate of $67.00 a year. Yesterday I received my renewal notice in the mail, showing that my rates have jumped to $95.00 per year without an explanation. I know it's only $28 bucks, and it was probably a cost-of-business increase (I can't ever remember an increase since 2002) but the principle of the change with no explanation made me call them to find out what happened.

Seems that Condon and Skelly has switched providers to Ironshore Idemnity, Inc. They do not give a street address, just a PO Box in NY, NY. I have never heard of these guys, and don't know how comfy I am switching to a company that does not have a street address. I know that Condon and Skelly have been around for a while, and probably would have not switched to some fly-by-night outfit, but for some reason this is just triggering "that feeling" in my gut.

QUESTIONS:

-Has anyone heard of these guys, or are you currently insured by them, or have you ever filed a claim? (how were they to deal with if you did???)

-I know a lot of folks on here use JC Taylor. How are they to deal with, and who do they use as their carrier?

-Does anyone have full towing coverage?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I have been with Condon and Skelly (Maple Shade, NJ) since I bought my truck in 2002. They have provided me exceptional coverage through Met Life at a really decent rate of $67.00 a year. Yesterday I received my renewal notice in the mail, showing that my rates have jumped to $95.00 per year without an explanation. I know it's only $28 bucks, and it was probably a cost-of-business increase (I can't ever remember an increase since 2002) but the principle of the change with no explanation made me call them to find out what happened.

Seems that Condon and Skelly has switched providers to Ironshore Idemnity, Inc. They do not give a street address, just a PO Box in NY, NY. I have never heard of these guys, and don't know how comfy I am switching to a company that does not have a street address. I know that Condon and Skelly have been around for a while, and probably would have not switched to some fly-by-night outfit, but for some reason this is just triggering "that feeling" in my gut.

QUESTIONS:

-Has anyone heard of these guys, or are you currently insured by them, or have you ever filed a claim? (how were they to deal with if you did???)

-I know a lot of folks on here use JC Taylor. How are they to deal with, and who do they use as their carrier?

-Does anyone have full towing coverage?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Try giving Gulfway Insurance a call 1-800-940-5010 or go on the web first and you will see what they have to offer. Many of the antique vehicles and racing owners go with this company and seem to have good results.

Regards

mike

I use J.C. Taylor. I think their rates are fair and any contact I have had with them has been well handled. However, I have never had to submit a claim, so I can't comment on that part of their business. I do know of one claim for a fire truck that rolled out of the owner's garage and hit a tree. The truck was considered to be a total loss and Taylor paid the claim in full.

The premium is based on the stated value of the truck. I told them the Dog was worth $12K and my premium is right around $100.00 per year.

Taylor does include a policy rider for fire apparatus that specifically excludes coverage for anyone riding in the hose bed.

I do not have towing on the truck, but I do on the trailer I haul it on through Good Sam.

I am on the road so I cannot check the policy to see who the underwriter is.

Sorry I missed you at the Macungie show. You have a very nice piece.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!