68' U Model Speedo Question

I was going ot ask a few weeks ago. I found a "68" U model Mack. It was a tractor now a dump. The horn button says Mason Dixon Truck Lines , 10 speed tranny.

In the cab it shows no sign of the truck ever having a speedometer. I have looked all over and cant find a thing. Would this be correct or what am I missing? Thank you

I was going ot ask a few weeks ago. I found a "68" U model Mack. It was a tractor now a dump. The horn button says Mason Dixon Truck Lines , 10 speed tranny.

In the cab it shows no sign of the truck ever having a speedometer. I have looked all over and cant find a thing. Would this be correct or what am I missing? Thank you

probably had a tachograph at one time.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

its a tattle tale stool pigeon,we used to call them,put paper charts in them,and wind the clock,,so the company can tell when,and how long you stopped,and how fast you went..on that model,it was probably right behind steering wheel,next to tach

go to page 7 photo gallery,look for red r model,with a dog in it,,guy has a good picture of dashboard ,with tachogragh..enjoy the photo,s...lol...bob