Got A New Phone...

RowdyRebel

Now I just gotta figure out how to use it :pat:

Had my old Casio G'zOne Type-S for well over 3.5 years, and it still works great...

Anyhow, I stopped by a Verizon Wireless store on my way home Wednesday to look at phones. I was interested in the new Casio phones, since the one I've had has been the best dern phone I've ever owned. They had the Ravine...which was really nothing TOO special...I liked some of the prior renditions better (Rock, Boulder, etc.)...but if that was all they had, I'd have to think about it some more. I picked up a brochure detailing what all Verizon Wireless had to offer and it was there that I saw a picture of a phone I absolutely had to have a better look at. I inquired at the counter....they could get me one for $100, or a Ravine for $150...but if they ordered one, I'd HAVE to take delivery on it, so I had to know I wanted it for sure before I placed the order. I'm not going to buy it sight unseen, so I left.

At home, I googled this phone to see if I could find more info on it. Casio has a website featuring the phone...with tons of information about it. I watched a couple reviews on youtube about it, too. I logged onto the Verizon Wireless website and clicked on the "upgrade now" button just to see what all was available. Not only could I get that phone for the same $100 as the local Verizon store would sell it to me for, but I was ALSO eligible for an extra $100 "loyalty bonus"....which meant the phone would be free. Coupled with free Fed-Ex 2-day shipping, and I could have a new phone without spending a dime....but I STILL hadn't actually SEEN the phone, so I wasn't having anything sent to me quite yet.

Then on Thursday, I had to swing by the terminal to have a trailer tire repaired on my way home and there was a corporate Verizon Wireless store in close proximity to the yard. They had a demo model. This thing was sweet! I had them add unlimited texting to my plan (mostly for her, but it also let me get the 20 or so pictures I had on my old phone sent over to my computer so I wouldn't lose them when I changed phones). When I got home, I got online and had the phone sent to me.

It showed up yesterday afternoon.

casio_brigade_verzion_group.jpg

Casio G’zOne Brigade key features:

- Tough Technology Design with a horizontal clamshell with QWERTY keypad;

- Dimensions: 4.4x2.2x0.9inch and a weight of 6.0 oz

- 3.2 megapixel camera with flash, video capture and LED light;

- Bluetooth, microSD card support;

- Clear Talk for superior sound quality;

- Water, shock, dust, immersion, vibration, humidity, salt fog, altitude, high and low temperature storage, and solar radiation resistant conforming to MIL-STD-810F;

- Field Force Manager that provides businesses with the ability to locate and communicate with their mobile field workers;

- Document Viewer for Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and PDF.

...and it's push-to-talk capable, so if anyone I talk to regularly ever gets a Verizon Wireless phone with the push-to-talk ability, I'll have to activate that feature.

The old phone will be kept, because I sure as heck ain't going to pay the $420 retail price to replace it with another one if anything happens to it that isn't covered by the manufacturers warranty. I keep the insurance on her phone (she's always losing/dropping/destroying phones), but have never paid for the insurance for my own phone...I just figure if I can't afford to see anything happen to it, I can't really afford to have it in the first place. My old phone is my insurance policy this time around, since it still works perfectly and all...if anything happens to the new phone, I'll just reactivate the old one until I can upgrade again.

Anyway, now all we gotta do is get HER to pick out a new phone. :pat: The one she likes has been around for a while, we can get it free, but the camera isn't as good. The ones with the nicer cameras, she's not really that into for who knows what reason (it varies from phone to phone). I think she should get one like mine (I can get one sent to her for $50)...but she thinks it's too big & bulky (even though she's never seen it). I told her she could figure out all the tips & tricks...then show me how to use the silly thing....

...and it's waterproof (she has a habit of dropping phones, and there's usually a puddle involved. Kinda hard to believe, seeing as how she's in Texas...I didn't think they had puddles in Texas. :idunno: )

Oh well. I told her to get whatever phone she wants...so that's probably what she'll do. At least she listens to me... :lol::pat::blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

whats a redneck,gonna do with all that technology??????????????hehe..im getting tired just looking at the pictures,lol..good luck bubba....bob

Yeah, people can do most anything with a phone now that you can do on a computer. Fortunately (?) for me, all I know how to do is call people, which some people probably wish I didn't know how to do, and answer it when it rings. My ring tone is the "Peter Gunn" theme by Emerson,Lake,and Palmer though so that's pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUcU2ip3nF8&feature=fvwrel

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Some people are sure up on the current technology,i however,don't happen to be one of them! being tecnologically retarded i can barely operate the phone i have,which does nothing but make phone calls.My wife gets pissed at me, she will text me 8 paragraphs in 10 seconds,go into great detail about whatever the subject is,and i will text back "OK" maybe sometime i'll look into going completely wireless......................Mark (BR5-49)

post-5836-0-54457600-1307210480_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

now thats hilarious,,,mark...you see we atleast moved up to a push button job.that stand up job takes me too long 4?...you know evertime i see that dale charector,,cant spell it,,,keep meaning to ask,do they still show king of the hill in your area,they took it off here,but i dont have cable...bob.. p.s.dont know why we dont have spell check on this

now thats hilarious,,,mark...you see we atleast moved up to a push button job.that stand up job takes me too long 4?...you know evertime i see that dale charector,,cant spell it,,,keep meaning to ask,do they still show king of the hill in your area,they took it off here,but i dont have cable...bob.. p.s.dont know why we dont have spell check on this

don't worry,i'll chek yer spelling fer ya,i'm alsmost like Rob,borderline genious, except he's not borderline....hmmmm-yer fine,evrythings right!

don't worry,i'll chek yer spelling fer ya,i'm alsmost like Rob,borderline genious, except he's not borderline....hmmmm-yer fine,evrythings right!

All I need to know I learned in kindergarden; (Dr. Robert Fulghum).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

All I need to know I learned in kindergarden; (Dr. Robert Fulghum).

Rob

well,appreciae that fellars,,lol,,i guess if half of us cant read,the spelling wont matter......bob..enjoying gunsmoke,now woohoo!!!! also cant seem to add emoticons..dont know what im doing wrong,,,guess im still trying to figure this site out.lol

well,appreciae that fellars,,lol,,i guess if half of us cant read,the spelling wont matter......bob..enjoying gunsmoke,now woohoo!!!! also cant seem to add emoticons..dont know what im doing wrong,,,guess im still trying to figure this site out.lol

hmmmm...I can help you-when you reply just click on the smiley face at the top :banana: That shows all the emoticons,then just click on whichever one you want. :Mixer1:

:thumb:

Some people are sure up on the current technology,i however,don't happen to be one of them! being tecnologically retarded i can barely operate the phone i have,which does nothing but make phone calls.My wife gets pissed at me, she will text me 8 paragraphs in 10 seconds,go into great detail about whatever the subject is,and i will text back "OK" maybe sometime i'll look into going completely wireless......................Mark (BR5-49)

You work for Junior Samples Auto Sales? Are you their new truck sales guy? My beater truck leaks like a screen door on a submarine when it rains, so I've been looking for a replacement. :blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

You work for Junior Samples Auto Sales? Are you their new truck sales guy? My beater truck leaks like a screen door on a submarine when it rains, so I've been looking for a replacement. :blink:

Come on down! have i got a creampuff for you!........Thats BR5-49! LOL!

post-5836-0-57132700-1307288007_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-90740600-1307288018_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Come on down! have i got a creampuff for you!........Thats BR5-49! LOL!

Found a scanned pic of my old '86 Ranger (before I stripped it down for a rebuild/restomodification). The white Ford in the pic is now my '92 beater truck. :banana:

l.jpg