Superliners!

other dog

Picked up a new Truck Paper at the Go-Mart in Fairplain yesterday and saw a whole nest of Superliners on the back cover. They're auctioning them off and the opening bid was $1,000. I didn't go to the website and check them out yet, but they look good in the pictures.

Saw this other one inside the paper, also a good looking unit.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Tom, I believe i'm going to the ATHS SouthBend, Indy trip. I would enjoy going through the Studebaker Museum. I'm glad when I rarely go into a market that I don't get those magazines,cause I would find an excuse to buy another truck. That would keep me from restoring the one I already have.

mike

I have no clue what they are trying to do with the RW,,

Aran now has it for sale for $38,500

Joesph had it for sale for $28,000 first and taken off or sold in a weeks time

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

I have no clue what they are trying to do with the RW,,

Aran now has it for sale for $38,500

Joesph had it for sale for $28,000 first and taken off or sold in a weeks time

That Aran place is consistently higher than a noon summer sun on pricing.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Tom, I believe i'm going to the ATHS SouthBend, Indy trip. I would enjoy going through the Studebaker Museum. I'm glad when I rarely go into a market that I don't get those magazines,cause I would find an excuse to buy another truck. That would keep me from restoring the one I already have.

mike

Mike,i have visited the Studebaker Museum when layed-over in South Bend,it's well worth the trip in my opinion,they have a lot of neat displays and quite a few cars and trucks,one interesting item is a fully restored WW-II Army truck,a great gift shop, and an archives something akin to the Mack Museum,nice people and a nice visit,but it takes a few hours to soak it in!...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That Aran place is consistently higher than a noon summer sun on pricing.

Rob

They seem to be nuts,,,,,,Anyone that tracks Truckpaper would have seen it for 28,000,, We had

a little talk here (Macks for sale) about it being pricey at 28,000

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

They seem to be nuts,,,,,,Anyone that tracks Truckpaper would have seen it for 28,000,, We had

a little talk here (Macks for sale) about it being pricey at 28,000

I've seen a lot of their advertisements on ebay and the like; always exhorbitantly overpriced.

I've always thought of them as a "front" for other businesses.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mike,i have visited the Studebaker Museum when layed-over in South Bend,it's well worth the trip in my opinion,they have a lot of neat displays and quite a few cars and trucks,one interesting item is a fully restored WW-II Army truck,a great gift shop, and an archives something akin to the Mack Museum,nice people and a nice visit,but it takes a few hours to soak it in!...................Mark

Thanks Mark for the heads up on the Museum. I especially would like to see the WWII Army Truck. In my new ATHS Book I recently recieved, someone has three 6 bys. I believe one is a 1942. My dad talked about their outfit having Diamond T's pulling their equipment. To this day I still don't know what a Diamond T looked like during the war. I'm used to seeing more Dodges and GMC's that came back from that war.

I do recall at the Huntsville ATHS Show, an Army truck that was restored to perfection. It's getting rare to find these trucks. The UPS driver that comes to our building has a couple of Korean War trucks. He is involved in reenacting. I just wonder where these guys find the equipment. I enjoy looking the Army Surplus stores, but have not seen any WWII equipment for probably 20 years or longer.

mike

I've seen a lot of their advertisements on ebay and the like; always exhorbitantly overpriced.

I've always thought of them as a "front" for other businesses.

Rob

They are a bit north of me, I have been theree once or twice. There is a lot of stuff there, including containers and trailers. Recently, they increased the price of another superliner they have had on the lot for over a year by 4000$: http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2170584& which is a nice truck ( although I admit to being put off by the blue frame when I looked at it).

They are pricey, and have bought other trucks around here only to list them at higher prices.

Don't know what the deal is . . . . They are nice enough people, though . . . . . .

Mike,here are a few WW II Diamond T's,from what a have read,the most popular configueration was the heavy wrecker,by almost all accounts this thing was practically indestructable! tough looking truck!........Mark

post-5836-0-68350400-1304863649_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-47569600-1304863671_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

They are a bit north of me, I have been theree once or twice. There is a lot of stuff there, including containers and trailers. Recently, they increased the price of another superliner they have had on the lot for over a year by 4000$: http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2170584& which is a nice truck ( although I admit to being put off by the blue frame when I looked at it).

They are pricey, and have bought other trucks around here only to list them at higher prices.

Don't know what the deal is . . . . They are nice enough people, though . . . . . .

I have been through the line-up a few times in the past 3 years, nothing seems to move. Never talked to anyone and all is above average condition.

FW