866 Fuel Pump

skip

Gday everyone. Weve just got a cousins ENDT866 going after nearly 10 years out of service. it fired up after a bit of bleeding but as soon as it kicked into life away it went. I stopped it withh a block of wood over the intake. Im guessing the governor is stuck. Any ideas on freeing it up or what else it could be? Any info would be great thanks. Skip

Remove and send to fuel shop for a repair. Me and most of us can not repair fuel pumps.

I got the big banger going. I removed the cover on the governor housing and the cover plate directly in front of the governor. I found the LHS rack was stuck.I removed the dynatard solenoid from the front of the rack. Then I got a small hammer and tapped the rack back to the no fuel position, thenpryed it foward with a scrwedriver and used a bit of CRC to free it up. After about 5 minutes of mucking around it freed up. Then i put all the covers back on and it started up first go, and didnt rev to full noise. Great Success!!

Very typical of that pump. I've had a coupld do that after setting. Glad you got it freed up.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

its a wonderfull thing to happen isnt it! :) cold motor, no oil pressure, the last time mine did this it split a core plug in the head, havnt fixed it yet as I have to pop a head off each side. mine still doesnt have an accelerator pedal hooked up so if I forget to lock the linkage down it revs very high.

Grant