Wood Steering Wheel

Hey Guys

I have a 05 Mack Granite CV713. I'm looking for a Wood and Chrome 18" steering wheel and not having much luck I know I will need a hub adapter. I'm also looking to get the rectangular steering colum shroud in chrome the pieces around the key and turn signal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kurt

Hey Guys

I have a 05 Mack Granite CV713. I'm looking for a Wood and Chrome 18" steering wheel and not having much luck I know I will need a hub adapter. I'm also looking to get the rectangular steering colum shroud in chrome the pieces around the key and turn signal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kurt

Try IOWA80.com they have few wood steering wheels.

Chewey,

I got a wood wheel for my 2000 CX from a chrome shop in upstate NY years ago. The name of the shop is D.J. Smith Truckers Chrome, inside the Petro truck stop in Waterloo, NY. (315)539-4108. The owner has several Macks so he always is helpful to Mack owners.

I also have the box my wheel was shipped in. Originally came from a company called "Vehicle Improvement Products" located in Antioch, Illinois. (847)395-7250. These phone numbers are a few years old, hope the info is helpful.

Make sure you get a wheel with an extended collar to give clearance to the turn signal switch. The first one I got had to be returned; it was so close to the switch I couldn't click the headlamp dimmer. D.J. Smith was able to exchange it for the extended wheel. 8 years old now still looks good. Good quality wheel.

Gregg

Chewey,

I got a wood wheel for my 2000 CX from a chrome shop in upstate NY years ago. The name of the shop is D.J. Smith Truckers Chrome, inside the Petro truck stop in Waterloo, NY. (315)539-4108. The owner has several Macks so he always is helpful to Mack owners.

I also have the box my wheel was shipped in. Originally came from a company called "Vehicle Improvement Products" located in Antioch, Illinois. (847)395-7250. These phone numbers are a few years old, hope the info is helpful.

Make sure you get a wheel with an extended collar to give clearance to the turn signal switch. The first one I got had to be returned; it was so close to the switch I couldn't click the headlamp dimmer. D.J. Smith was able to exchange it for the extended wheel. 8 years old now still looks good. Good quality wheel.

Gregg

Hi, goodluck with a wood wheel, I hate the things as there slippery.

Grant

VIP is still in business. They make all sorts of wheels and pricing to match from good quality to excellent.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Purchased a VIP wheel from 4 States in Joplin Mo, in 1999,,, fit nice and even had the Mack dog

on the horn just like the factory.

My hands are a little rough so after a few years the wood stain will start to lighten

Also it will get some getting use to the vibration in the solid wood wheel that the leather wheel absorbed.

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Hey thanks for all the help the problem I'm having is a lot of the places sell wheels up 01's. Iowa 80 has VIP I found out but I didn't really care for any of the styles. Grant has one that is leather and wood chrome spokes I think I'm going to go with it. I give the guy in NY a shout just for giggles.

Thanks Kurt

Hey thanks for all the help the problem I'm having is a lot of the places sell wheels up 01's. Iowa 80 has VIP I found out but I didn't really care for any of the styles. Grant has one that is leather and wood chrome spokes I think I'm going to go with it. I give the guy in NY a shout just for giggles.

Thanks Kurt

I wish you luck in your search. I did not realize that '02 and newer has a different wheel. There was a guy by the name of Rich that used to work at D.J. Smith's who was always a big help to me. The ownership has not changed but Rich is no longer there.

Gregg