What's A Good Used Flatbed...?

Gambi80

Might have to go flatbed shoppin in the near future. I've been looking on truckpaper and it seems I can find a decent 45-48' by 96 wide for under $10,000. Just curious if there are any particular brands to stay away from. I realize there isn't much to one and most have probably been rode hard and put away wet.

Seems this crane mat movin thing might be going full steam soon...broker was sayin he's workin on gettin a lay-down yard for them at his place. Rather than give up some trailer rental fee and pull whatever turd he's got laying around, I'd like my own so I know what it is.

Any helpful advice will be appreciated. TIA.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

damit i just sold my trail mobile $3,500 it was just heavy. 13,000 lbs. good trailer al allum wheels two 60" boxes.48x96 all new bags. led's brakes 12 ratchets.

T-N-T trailer sales warshington,mo. some pretty nice combos for 5 to 8 thousand.

tell tom i sent you. i oh him a favor

i think they got some all steel steps for around 10k???

their no. 636-239-5093

Hey Gambi

I'm looking to sell mine. It's a 88 Ravens 48' x 96" spread axle. I have a side kit (new panels acouple of years ago) for it too. The tarp is a rollover tarp. I know an 88 is old but it has good arch to it. New tires last year and brakes are fairly new and it has the dump valve for the rear axle. I don't pull it very much and when I do it's to haul grain so I figured I would just get an end dump.

Thanks

Larry

'Bout the only requirements would be air-ride and decent winches/winch rail and maybe a box or two. I don't need a headboard, side kit and/or tarp(s).

damit i just sold my trail mobile $3,500 it was just heavy. 13,000 lbs. good trailer al allum wheels two 60" boxes.48x96 all new bags. led's brakes 12 ratchets.

T-N-T trailer sales warshington,mo. some pretty nice combos for 5 to 8 thousand.

tell tom i sent you. i oh him a favor

i think they got some all steel steps for around 10k???

their no. 636-239-5093

Dammit, go figure. I thought you had that sold when you got your stepdeck a while back... Does your trailer guy have a website...?

Hey Gambi

I'm looking to sell mine. It's a 88 Ravens 48' x 96" spread axle. I have a side kit (new panels acouple of years ago) for it too. The tarp is a rollover tarp. I know an 88 is old but it has good arch to it. New tires last year and brakes are fairly new and it has the dump valve for the rear axle. I don't pull it very much and when I do it's to haul grain so I figured I would just get an end dump.

Thanks

Larry

the only reason i didnt buy this trailer, i gota have 102 wide. i have only hauled a couple loads that had to have a 102 wide, but every thing out here is posted for 102.

very sharp trailer.....

mite even help th looks of a petercar.....

Hey Gambi

Thanks

Larry

How much you want for the '88 Ravens? You have any pics? If so can you email me some? My email is bubbarandolph@hotmail.com

Hey Gambi

Thanks

Larry

A Ravens is a mighty fine trailer. Of all the trailers we've got the Dorsey's are the worst. They're combo's though,steel frame rails with aluminum floors. You can load a single coil on them and they bend in the middle like a boomerang when you go around a curve.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Stay away from Transcrack/ AKA Transcraft. Fontaines are great.Reitenours.

Yeah, I like the 48/102 Fontaine Phantom I pull,it's a great trailer. I whined,cried,and bitched for 3 weeks when they had to send it to Washington with a radioactive load. Just got it back this week. It's got a tool box on it where I keep my beveled wood,coil racks,and rubber mats-that's what I missed the most. Can't have too many tool boxes. We just got 4 new 53' aluminum Fontaines. Good looking trailers,the tail lights are one solid bar with LED's instead of the individual lights.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Just drove by Strimbu Trucking, Brookfield, OH and they have three Reinke flatbed trailers out front with a For Sale sign on them. Strumbu is a local steel hauler. Have no other info on trailers. The 'phone number listed is 330-507-2135.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member