Gas Turbine Kw

vision386

I found some pictures of a pretty interesting Kenworth,this was their first experimental tractor powered by a gas turbine engine (circa 1950) not much information included in the article,other than the fact it was a flop, with many "issues" but some neat pictures none-theless. musta been a strange sight to see going down the road!.................Mark

post-5836-0-11287100-1302958727_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-04480600-1302958740_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-42842200-1302958752_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-16501600-1302958762_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I found some pictures of a pretty interesting Kenworth,this was their first experimental tractor powered by a gas turbine engine (circa 1950) not much information included in the article,other than the fact it was a flop, with many "issues" but some neat pictures none-theless. musta been a strange sight to see going down the road!.................Mark

Cool stuff. I've been gathering up Turbine info for a long time. Here is a link to my turbine album if interested. It's over 70 something photos Paul

http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac105/ptcheshire/TURBINE%20POWER/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Cool stuff. I've been gathering up Turbine info for a long time. Here is a link to my turbine album if interested. It's over 70 something photos Paul

http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac105/ptcheshire/TURBINE%20POWER/

Hey Paul,long time no see! i sure enjoyed looking at your picture album, i came across the KW pics.while looking for info on the Mack turbines,i wanted to see what was under the cab of the cruise-liner! thanks for posting!...............Mark

Hey Paul,long time no see! i sure enjoyed looking at your picture album, i came across the KW pics.while looking for info on the Mack turbines,i wanted to see what was under the cab of the cruise-liner! thanks for posting!...............Mark

Yeah Mark, this winter was murder on me, spent most of it in and out of the doctors office with serious back problems. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yeah Mark, this winter was murder on me, spent most of it in and out of the doctors office with serious back problems. Paul

Sorry to hear that,hope all is well now....i was wondering where you were hiding LOL!........Mark

Sorry to hear that,hope all is well now....i was wondering where you were hiding LOL!........Mark

It's always going to be a problem, I slippied of the tank step and landed square on my back. I just have to live with it now. On the bright side I have an out on the honey do list. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 8 months later...

There is one left .My friend bought it from K/W when they took turbine out and put in Cummins.It is restored, which now has 673 Mack engine in it,and is at the DEMMING LOG SHOW GROUNDS in DEMMING WASH.If any one is interested in history of truck email me @oldlogdog@shaw.ca and I will give you the guys name and phone number who bought it from K/W.bob