I haven't been on here since july of 2010. Just thought I would drop by and thank all the guys that helped me with info to get my little mack on the road. We started hauling gravel in august and it hasn't slowed down yet. I'm still amazed how these old trucks keep on going. No major problems with the R just have to keep tires on it and fuel in it. Thanks for the help.

I haven't been on here since july of 2010. Just thought I would drop by and thank all the guys that helped me with info to get my little mack on the road. We started hauling gravel in august and it hasn't slowed down yet. I'm still amazed how these old trucks keep on going. No major problems with the R just have to keep tires on it and fuel in it. Thanks for the help.

I remember your posts quite clearly. Glad to hear you have been rendered great service from the truck.

Fuel in it; I'll have to remember that one.......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I can hope otherdog does not see this thread.

mike

More worried about a couple of others too.......

Everybody picks on me ya know......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Four dollars a gallon here now so who would want to put fuel in one.Thats only 25 gal for 100.00.I burn 50 gal a day so i know why i ant got no money.

How do you think us pilots feel about $6.00/ gal on fuel? Does anyone want to open an oil well here in our country? Or maybe uncap a well I should say?

mike :(

How do you think us pilots feel about $6.00/ gal on fuel? Does anyone want to open an oil well here in our country? Or maybe uncap a well I should say?

mike :(I have had 3 aircraft in my time but all burn auto fuel.Fly 2 times longer.For a while i had a fuel tank and pump mounted in my pickup and i would care fuel to my plane. Never a problem with auto fuel with me.

glenn akers

Yes Glenn I have known this can be done, but this late in the game I feel safer with 100 LL. I still believe in leaded fuel. Here at John Tune we have a P51 Mustang called Sweetie Face owner Tom Patton and they run 100 LL and his maint. crew told me the power is worse than when we had 130 Octane. But they said the cost to use Octane Boost is too costly and the plugs foul more often than now. What was funny one of the crew told me that they had to call the Queen of England to order plugs for the Rolls Royce Merlin when they needed a set.

mike