Mack Thermodyne?

By the looks of the hood, I would have to say it belongs with the truck cause of the fold or crease in the metal around the hole. But hey.......I was only six years old when your truck was built. Hmmm.......lets see now.......i'm now only a few more years older than that. :lol:

:pat:

Well guys the truck just got dropped of at my house about 45 min ago. Ive been going through it and found the door tag. It is a B61T. Now the engine number... I have no idea where to look for it. There has to be an inch think of dirt and on the front axle and bottom of the engine... Where shall i begin looking for it?

Thanks,

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

If its the original motor my bet would be a 673T is not a 237 because it has the perry water filter (sock type) not a spin on water filter. The 711 thermodyne i believe didnt come out until the early to mid 60's. mack didnt start putting turbos on until later in the productions because of the famous head gasket and cooling problem. The 711 also when to more head studs to help in holding it together. So my guess since its a 1959 same year as mine and I had the almost identical water filter, luberfiner oil filter setup, and turbo its a 673T Thermodyne. Now if it's not the oringinal motor everyone who replied to you could be correct with there suggestions. Bottom line its definitly a Mack engine with that great mack sound :SMOKIE-LFT:

Well guys the truck just got dropped of at my house about 45 min ago. Ive been going through it and found the door tag. It is a B61T. Now the engine number... I have no idea where to look for it. There has to be an inch think of dirt and on the front axle and bottom of the engine... Where shall i begin looking for it?

Thanks,

Tom

Here is where the engine number should be...Left (passenger) side at front of accessory drive case.

post-6773-0-10676700-1302385673_thumb.jp

I have no idea where that is. I just went out before trying to locate the number but couldnt find it. Do you happen to have a Larger picture of where the accessory drive case is?

Sorry for asking so many questions... First mack truck!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

I have no idea where that is. I just went out before trying to locate the number but couldnt find it. Do you happen to have a Larger picture of where the accessory drive case is?

Sorry for asking so many questions... First mack truck!

Tom

Les' picture is showing the correct location of the serial number stamping, it should be on the passenger side of the truck, front of the engine, just in front of the where fuel pump bolts up, stamped into the bulge on the cylinder block.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

And if the engine is originally from a cabover truck it will be stamped into the rear of the block where the flywheel housing bolts onto.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.