Feral Hogs

other dog

No joke- I saw it on TV yesterday. I even googled feral hogs and found that they carry all sorts of diseases, and 50% of them live in Texas. That's why Randyp in Texas should be breeding Spot as much as possible to produce more Spots to combat this menace, as Spot hates pigs.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

No joke- I saw it on TV yesterday. I even googled feral hogs and found that they carry all sorts of diseases, and 50% of them live in Texas. That's why Randyp in Texas should be breeding Spot as much as possible to produce more Spots to combat this menace, as Spot hates pigs.

All you need is a 44 magnum and lots of ammo! I'm in...let's go get 'em! B) First round of bacon is on me! LOL

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

All you need is a 44 magnum and lots of ammo! I'm in...let's go get 'em! B) First round of bacon is on me! LOL

I probably couldn't hit one with a 44 magnum unless it was tied up, i'll have to bring my 700 Remington 30-06.

After working on his 4 wheeler all morning, Randy and Spot are ready to go on the great pig hunt...

The heavily modified 4 wheeler,now a 6-wheeler,is an awesome pig hunting machine!

Spot quickly finds pigs and piles them up for Randy

Looks like another pig roast in Daingerfield soon!

• Like 1

heh heh,,all i can think of you left off "revamped" 4 wheeler Tom, is maybe one them crane arms to load all em stinking rascals up, and maybe a sink so me and spot can wash summa all at blood and guts offn us. We are loaded up with hogs round here, they are even going into some neighborhoods in town and city has hired a trapper. You can imagine what they can do to a golf course. I been thinking bout trying to train one to "plow" my garden for me, will wait till i find one with a good sharp rooter. I have had 4 dozer jobs this spring, just going into pastures repairing hog wallers so farmers wont turn their hay tractors over. They make a real mess out of a hay meadow! randyp

heh heh,,all i can think of you left off "revamped" 4 wheeler Tom, is maybe one them crane arms to load all em stinking rascals up, and maybe a sink so me and spot can wash summa all at blood and guts offn us. We are loaded up with hogs round here, they are even going into some neighborhoods in town and city has hired a trapper. You can imagine what they can do to a golf course. I been thinking bout trying to train one to "plow" my garden for me, will wait till i find one with a good sharp rooter. I have had 4 dozer jobs this spring, just going into pastures repairing hog wallers so farmers wont turn their hay tractors over. They make a real mess out of a hay meadow! randyp

I can believe that,saw pictures of torn up lawns when I did the image search. I never realized there was so many of them running roughshod, thought they were kinda rare, but apparently there's plenty of 'em.

I found the 4 wheeler picture too, I didn't modify it myself-except for the Calvin sticker.

I can believe that,saw pictures of torn up lawns when I did the image search. I never realized there was so many of them running roughshod, thought they were kinda rare, but apparently there's plenty of 'em.

I found the 4 wheeler picture too, I didn't modify it myself-except for the Calvin sticker.

Hogs are very proficient breeders, a sow can have upwards of 15. They are originally from domestic pigs escaped, or intentionaly turned loose to breed for hunting, most prolly intentional. I know several people around here who were turning them loose 25 or 30 years ago. Its kinda funny cause one cattle farmer here, he spearheaded the drive here to really get them started back then, I have gone to his farm and put in bout 20 hours dozer work repairing pasture,,heh heh,,he was whining the whole time. I told him to stop whining, he got what he was after I guess. It doesnt take a domestic pig long to turn "feral" when released, and those born in wild are just getting closer and closer to original Ferals. A domestics hair will even start turning courser in the wild, and wont do it in captivity. Scientists are really baffled and having a DNA field day studying this phenomena. Most will tell you there is no such thing as a "True Russian Boar" in this country. Heh,,I could drag them off in bottoms around here, and show them some boars that will make your knees shake. They are well equipped with tremendous tusks and thick bushy manes, and will eat some of your ass up in a heartbeat! Even in my older years now, I guarantee you I havent lost my "tree climbing ability". You go ambling off in some places and startle a sow with pigs, you better be well armed, preferably semi-auto, and have a tree in mind if you get low on ammo. (or have Spot with you). Lil ole pigs look just like a watermelon, stripes and all, not bad eating either, split open and barbecued. randyp

Them feral hogs have done some serious damage here too. Open season on them year round.

The tree huggers say" Why don't we trap them and re-locate them?" Cause they just come back and tear more shit up

. Killing one don't do nothin'. Need to kill 10 to make a small difference.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian