Mack On Tv Tonight

Terry,

Yes Mack did throw the Brockway truck to the curb along with It's broken promises to the workers at the Cortland NY plant, an Volvo got rid of the Autocar Truck. What I'm trying to say here is that Mack told It's Brockway workers (were here to stay) but that was not to be, so what we have here is a lot of these oldtimers, that are still with Mack, remember years past an broken promises (an the same with Volvo). So I would guess a lot of these guys are optomistic? or maybe cautiously optomistic? I would say cautiously optomistic! So I guess someone like myself who likes Mack, Brockway, an Autocar would hope you are right; But guys like Mark an myself? we'll just wait an see what happens

BULLHUSK

BULLHUSK,

Thank you for your nice input and info. What I dont get is some poeple are really hateing and being very negative against Volvo when there trying to turn mack around for the better. Also most of the problems that mark is complaining about is not only Volovo/Mack its mostly with every truck and car builder out there. I also asked mark "If volvo did not buy mack were do you think mack would be now? Well he skipped over that and went on saying what he said as you seen on is posts. What I think and I maybe wrong is the old timers on this baord dont like change and they despies volvo whether they do good or bad and dont give volvo a chance and they wished volvo never bought mack. That is why I say if volvo did not buy mack were do you think mack would be now? Mark sorry I am picking on you but in a friendly way. About the prices on mack there inline with other trucks or less in price than other trucks but excludes the Titan which I think is why over priced compared to there comptition. Maybe I am wrong but this is what I am seeing. Also the left over 2010 Titans there giving huge discounts on which are very good prices and they should of did this when they first come out with the Titan and you would of seen alot more of them sold and on the road working today. Still to this day there a very scarce truck on the road whick I hope they will sell more Titans this year than last so we see more Titans out there working. But I have faith in Volvo and they will turn Mack aroound for the good.

Terry

Sorry i did'nt clarify my thoughts on what i think Mack would have done in absense of the merger with volvo, I think Mack would have "pulled in the reins",re-grouped and concentrated on the vocational/speciality market,they would still be building engines,trans.etc of their own design. Without assistance from a foreign country,as they have for 111 years,but thats just wishful thinking. I personally am resistant to change,when i believe its for the worse (which i do) and my family has owned and operated Mack trucks for the equavalent of 100 years,so they are something i do believe in,or i would'nt have bought 5 of them throughout my career,pre-volvo i had no trouble with getting parts,getting service,a Mack dealer was a Mack dealer period! now,NOTHING is "in stock" i need to make an "appointment" for service,every time i go in for a "minor" problem,i'm looking at a minimum a 2 days downtime,and likely a $1000.00 bill! but volvo is sure looking out for the "little guy"! if you dont own 50-100 trucks you are "persona non-grata" with volvo,and yes i know this from personal experience! so no,i do not think volvo is good for Mack,nor will i ever. And yes,there are a lot of us "oldtimers" who feel the same way,i have made my living with a MACK truck for almost 30 years now,not a volvo/Mack or anything else! this is by choice,and brand loyalty,,,what do you think would happen if it was announced that Kawasaki was taking over Harley-davidson? do you think 5 generations of bikers would be happy? or the japs are gonna build a better bike? i think not! Mack trucks inc. is an American institution,with a loyal following akin to harley,this forum is a perfect example of that,i have never seen anyone undertaking the restoration of a 40 year old volvo,so that in its own says something of the volvo longevity.....i see an R-model working almost daily,cant say the same for whatever the volvo equivelant is,dont remember visiting an "all volvo" truck show,never visited someones home in this hobby decorated with volvo memorabilia! my wife did'nt name her beloved cat volvo LOL!.......again,this is just MY opinion!................Regards,Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Sorry i did'nt clarify my thoughts on what i think Mack would have done in absense of the merger with volvo, I think Mack would have "pulled in the reins",re-grouped and concentrated on the vocational/speciality market,they would still be building engines,trans.etc of their own design. Without assistance from a foreign country,as they have for 111 years,but thats just wishful thinking. I personally am resistant to change,when i believe its for the worse (which i do) and my family has owned and operated Mack trucks for the equavalent of 100 years,so they are something i do believe in,or i would'nt have bought 5 of them throughout my career,pre-volvo i had no trouble with getting parts,getting service,a Mack dealer was a Mack dealer period! now,NOTHING is "in stock" i need to make an "appointment" for service,every time i go in for a "minor" problem,i'm looking at a minimum a 2 days downtime,and likely a $1000.00 bill! but volvo is sure looking out for the "little guy"! if you dont own 50-100 trucks you are "persona non-grata" with volvo,and yes i know this from personal experience! so no,i do not think volvo is good for Mack,nor will i ever. And yes,there are a lot of us "oldtimers" who feel the same way,i have made my living with a MACK truck for almost 30 years now,not a volvo/Mack or anything else! this is by choice,and brand loyalty,,,what do you think would happen if it was announced that Kawasaki was taking over Harley-davidson? do you think 5 generations of bikers would be happy? or the japs are gonna build a better bike? i think not! Mack trucks inc. is an American institution,with a loyal following akin to harley,this forum is a perfect example of that,i have never seen anyone undertaking the restoration of a 40 year old volvo,so that in its own says something of the volvo longevity.....i see an R-model working almost daily,cant say the same for whatever the volvo equivelant is,dont remember visiting an "all volvo" truck show,never visited someones home in this hobby decorated with volvo memorabilia! my wife did'nt name her beloved cat volvo LOL!.......again,this is just MY opinion!................Regards,Mark

Mark,

There you are mark! Well I respect what you say and why you feel the way you do about Volvo/Mack on your experience . My experience with Volvo/Mack had been a really great one and I can see Volvo turning around mack to the good. I also grew up around trucks in our family business with Kenworths and Macks and still have very good luck with them and any problem we had or have we got taken care of with no problems. So I guess it depends on your dealership and by what your saying here you had a very bad time with your dealership were we have a very good relationship with the dealerships we deal with. I have to tell you my 1st favorite truck is Kenworth and the 2nd is the Mack becuase those two brands is all I grew up with and have great faith in and stand behind them 100%. So again I say Mack is here to stay and is not going away! Thanks to Volvo by saving mack and trying to make mack a better product. Sorry I had to say that to bust on you guys in here. Thanks mark for your nice responce and now I know were your coming from based on your expeirence.

Terry

Terry

Quote: "they would still be building engines,trans.etc of their own design. Without assistance from a foreign country,as they have for 111 years"

When did Renault become American? Sounds foreign to me. I think Volvo will do good for Mack. I mean in todays climate.

We have to remember, there will never be anything like the old Macks. Not in trucks, cars appliances, etc. Todays norm is throw away junk. That's just how it is. So while they may not measure up to the old stuff, you have to compare Volvo/Mack to the other stuff that is here today. We should praise Volvo for not going to Mexico like EVERYONE else. I've owned International and they closed the Chatham Ontario plant and moved to Mexico. I wouldn't buy another. Look what Freightliner did to Western Star. I think when you combine the technology that Mack has brought to market, with Volvos european technology, they will once again rise to the top.

Everyone else was sharing their oppinions, so that is mine.

Quote: "they would still be building engines,trans.etc of their own design. Without assistance from a foreign country,as they have for 111 years"

Well those 111 years include the years of MACK-RENAULT and the years of MACK-VOLVO don't you think????

If there is any complain with the way MACK DEALERS are working, well give your concerns to the MACK executives in charge of DEALESHIPS or PARTS and SERVICES operations.

As I said before, we are the ones that will ruin the MACK name with our pesimistic ways of thinking. Let the MACK-VOLVO aliance develop. Nothing is perfect but chances are that what is wrong will get fixed.

Were the MACK TRUCKS brand will be today without VOLVO?? Who knows all I know MACK has a STRONG HISTORY and is a CULT. BUILT LIKE A MACK stands for the BEST TRUCK there is. If VOLVO let MACK go on its own, can the MACK BRAND stand and begin again?????

VOLVO HELPED MACK, sure there are some issues, but the positives are more than the negatives. For instance the MP-SERIES ENGINES is a new platform for todays modern diesel powerhouses, when competitors still built on older engine series and technologies. CATERPILLAR is out so MACK has to capitalize on that factor. Is PACCAR at risk of loosing CUMMINS as its ENGINE PARTNER????

How sweet will it be if PACCAR knocks MACK'S door and ask for MP-SERIES engines for their trucks!!!

We have to be positive abut MACK'S FUTURE. MACK is so strong no matter if VOLVO leaves MACK, MACK can survive. MACK is here to STAY. If you are no more a MACK enthuiast because of the "VOLVO ISSUE" then go SOUTH OF THE BORDER and buy INTERNATIONAL or FREIGHTLINER...

HAPPY 111 ANIVERSARY MACK!!!

Well those 111 years include the years of MACK-RENAULT and the years of MACK-VOLVO don't you think????

If there is any complain with the way MACK DEALERS are working, well give your concerns to the MACK executives in charge of DEALESHIPS or PARTS and SERVICES operations.

As I said before, we are the ones that will ruin the MACK name with our pesimistic ways of thinking. Let the MACK-VOLVO aliance develop. Nothing is perfect but chances are that what is wrong will get fixed.

Were the MACK TRUCKS brand will be today without VOLVO?? Who knows all I know MACK has a STRONG HISTORY and is a CULT. BUILT LIKE A MACK stands for the BEST TRUCK there is. If VOLVO let MACK go on its own, can the MACK BRAND stand and begin again?????

VOLVO HELPED MACK, sure there are some issues, but the positives are more than the negatives. For instance the MP-SERIES ENGINES is a new platform for todays modern diesel powerhouses, when competitors still built on older engine series and technologies. CATERPILLAR is out so MACK has to capitalize on that factor. Is PACCAR at risk of loosing CUMMINS as its ENGINE PARTNER????

How sweet will it be if PACCAR knocks MACK'S door and ask for MP-SERIES engines for their trucks!!!

We have to be positive abut MACK'S FUTURE. MACK is so strong no matter if VOLVO leaves MACK, MACK can survive. MACK is here to STAY. If you are no more a MACK enthuiast because of the "VOLVO ISSUE" then go SOUTH OF THE BORDER and buy INTERNATIONAL or FREIGHTLINER...

HAPPY 111 ANIVERSARY MACK!!!

PACCAR is not knocking on anyones door. They have their super modern MX engines and the re badged Cummins. There is rumor that they were even working on a big bore MX engine but the plans were shelved when the economy went south. Also Cummins aren't slouches either.

Mack really needed new engine technology and whether we like it or not, Volvo gave it to them. Mack has been foreign owned since 1990 and Renault was been buying Mack shares since 1979.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

As it has been proven over time one of Mack's strong points is its inline 6 diesel engine which was developed by the Swedish engineers from Scandia working with Mack in the early 50's. That design with inovations and modifications (intercooling,aftercooling etc.) ran 50 years +. The Volvo N 16 engine late 80's 450+ hp, 8 mpg highway max GVW another excellent powerplant. I am sure all of the engineering was done here in the US, but using engineers and designs from Europe and elsewhere. Mack is a winning team with Nils, Hans, Otto and others, I mean Volvo. The few problems Mack has had in the past decade didn't stem entirely from Volvo.

This is my view on this subject,

they call me " Neil the fifth wheel".