Puzzler Of The Day?

bobo

I agree with Leon as well,i think this is a Kenworth K-500,built with the DAF-XF cab,since KW went out of the cabover market,these are primarily used for heavy-haul and oil field work overseas.............Mark

post-5836-0-24997200-1296399678_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I got one for you. I saw this on Hank's Truck Pictures before,had to go back and find it. The caption didn't say what it was but when I saved it the name was "ford ex convoy". Kinda resembles a Sightliner International, but it's nothing i've ever seen before.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thats a good one Tom! i have a book about car-carriers,and theres one in there thats looks a lot like this one,except its built on a Dodge cab and chassis. Only thing i can recognize is the ford truck cab in the picture, 48-50?,i'm thinking this may be one of those "homemade" jobs built to haul cars? it sure does look like a sightliner,but to me,it looks to be too "pieced together" to be from the factory.....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

From the era when cabovers were made with conventional cabs. Some of them were built in some handyman's backyard before truck manufactures realized the demand and started building cabovers.

AH-HAH! Yes,I can see it now. Couldn't find a Ford cab taken from the right angle so I put this nose on it. Fits like it was made for it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

AH-HAH! Yes,I can see it now. Couldn't find a Ford cab taken from the right angle so I put this nose on it. Fits like it was made for it.

Hmmm, rust effect in a spray can.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.