Will B Hubcaps Fit A Type75A?

Does anyone know if the B hubcaps will fit a 52 Type 75A?

Would some kind soul who has a B model take the time to post the inside diameter of a B hubcap?

Thanks in advance.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I was missing a cap on my A and bought a baby moon cover at summit racing,and with a little crimping on the lip,fit like a glove. The only way anyone would notice is that I have 3 that say Mack and a plain chrome one. I am thinking of getting letters put on later. If the lip OD is the same as your hub ID it should fit right up.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

There were 2 different hubcabs used on the A & B models,which type do you have?

They are the classic Mack caps; chrome, round, about 8 7/8" ID, w/ the Mack scroll and the black painted circle around the circumfrence.

I was refering to the modern B models; not the ones from the 30's. The pictures of the B model hub caps look identical to what are used on my A model.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

B model hubcaps mount over the hub like a rear dog dish hubcap on a rear drive axle. The A and E model hubcaps mount inside like a front hubcap on a budd style front axle.

Actually mine mount over the hub. They use their inner edge to grip lugs cast into the hubs. That's why I'm trying to get an ID measurement of a B hubcap to see if they are the same. They are about 2" in depth at the edge and form a sphere-like shape into the center.

• 1 month later...

After some communication with Barry at Watts I took a chance and ordered four of the B front axle hubcaps from the B Model store at Watts. They fit perfectly and match the originals exactly. So, if are searching for hubcaps for your A model and your existing A model hubcaps look like the picture of the B hubcaps in the store's catalog, they should fit.

For those folks who are missing their hubcaps; If the axle hubs have a groove around the hub these will probably fit.