Geotagging Of Photos...

RowdyRebel

Story on Fox News just now about the dangers of geotagging pictures taken with cell phones and posted online. Guy who runs this website was on there talking about how cell phones tag any picture you take with the GPS coordinates of where you took the picture...so if you take a cell phone pic inside your house...say of that new big screen TV you just bought....and proceed to post it online, they know what you have. Then, say you post a pic 1/2 way across the country because it is just something you have to see to believe and you want to share it with the world....that thief now knows you ain't home and it's a good time to go big screen TV shopping at your house.

They showed a reporterette snap a picture and post it to her twitter page. Guy who ran the website pulled up to where she was not 15 minutes later....said he had the coordinates within a minute of the post, just took him 15 minutes to get there. :blink:

Careful with them cell phone pics....they showed you can turn off the geotagging feature. Seems a dumb thing for the phone to do in the first place, though. Everybody gripes about invasions to their privacy...then they go posting all their personal info on this here interweb. :rolleyes:

Pretty dumb, if you ask me.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Story on Fox News just now about the dangers of geotagging pictures taken with cell phones and posted online. Guy who runs this website was on there talking about how cell phones tag any picture you take with the GPS coordinates of where you took the picture...so if you take a cell phone pic inside your house...say of that new big screen TV you just bought....and proceed to post it online, they know what you have. Then, say you post a pic 1/2 way across the country because it is just something you have to see to believe and you want to share it with the world....that thief now knows you ain't home and it's a good time to go big screen TV shopping at your house.

They showed a reporterette snap a picture and post it to her twitter page. Guy who ran the website pulled up to where she was not 15 minutes later....said he had the coordinates within a minute of the post, just took him 15 minutes to get there. :blink:

Careful with them cell phone pics....they showed you can turn off the geotagging feature. Seems a dumb thing for the phone to do in the first place, though. Everybody gripes about invasions to their privacy...then they go posting all their personal info on this here interweb. :rolleyes:

Pretty dumb, if you ask me.

No pics of the "reporterette"?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

That's the best thing about Fox News-they got all hot babes.

But back to the story-yeah,a cell phone can get you in all sorts of trouble. Long story short-A speaker at one of our safety meetings told us about a driver that was involved in an accident and of course he was sued,they subpoenaed (or however you spell it) his cell phone records and proved he had falsified his logs,so he was guilty because he shouldn't have been where he was in the first place.

I could be in Minnesoter,call Rob to chat,but if my logbook says i'm in Hawawii and they go back and see the cell tower was in International Falls at that particular time,i'm screwed.

I've got my phone set where the gps is off except when you dial 911, but they can still tell what tower your signal was bouncing off of anytime you make a call.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's the best thing about Fox News-they got all hot babes.

But back to the story-yeah,a cell phone can get you in all sorts of trouble. Long story short-A speaker at one of our safety meetings told us about a driver that was involved in an accident and of course he was sued,they subpoenaed (or however you spell it) his cell phone records and proved he had falsified his logs,so he was guilty because he shouldn't have been where he was in the first place.

I could be in Minnesoter,call Rob to chat,but if my logbook says i'm in Hawawii and they go back and see the cell tower was in International Falls at that particular time,i'm screwed.

What roads do you drive to get to Hawaii?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Try this...

•Go to Google Maps and click on 'Get Directions'

•Write USA as your start point

•Write Japan as your destination

•Go to the 31st point on your route

•When you stop laughing, pass this along so others can laugh at it too...

I thought the 32 direction was pretty good too!

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

And to the original post, there was a news story a while back about how some guy was trolling facespace or mybook etc...ended up robbing a bunch of houses while people were all on vacation and he did this because EVERY ONE of those people had it on there that they'd be gone for x-amount of time, all in the same week.

Had I been the judge in those cases, I'd have to call the rob-ees a buncha dumbasses.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg