Truxnut's Birthday:

Rob

A lot of you guys don't know John Evans as he was never an avid poster on this site,.He was however on the ATHS site a lot in the early days. I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of you guys sending him an email through the board to ask him to come back to posting. He is a retired heavy truck parts man and a wealth of information. Pretty certain he got tired of all the "tadu's" over on the ATHS site and quit posting altogether. He was one that enjoyed the truck hobby and offered sound advice for those concerning their projects.

Like Glenn, James, and several others, I think he'd be a real asset to have back on here again.

Happy birthday John.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Consider it done Rob, I sent him a PM, so hopefully he still uses the same email address he signed up with.

Mine did not bounce back so I'm assuming it is still good. I can get ahold of him another way but don't want to pry if he doesn't want to participate.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Remember John well. Still have his phone number in my lil blue book. Stan Walls just bout had me buying John's yellow KW back when, as Stan bought that grey Peterbilt from John.

I do remember the big "tadu" at the ATHS forums and remember John leaving. Sad day.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

must have missed that day on the ATHS site. what was that all about? John was a great guy was wondering where he went? hate to see the good ones leave.

Don't know if it was the final or not but the way the website was run, and managed, was a big player.

I think they would benefit from a new website administrator or board as the current "regime" does not support the membership adequately. Current website administrator seems to like to play "sherriff" which is an elected position. Time for a change.

Rob

I like the ATHS site better than the old one but think there is much better ones out there. I noticed Frank Surber does not post as much either? John evans, Bill D and a few other names I cant think of are MIA. to bad because When I first joined they had alot to offer us with their rich trucking background

I like the ATHS site better than the old one but think there is much better ones out there. I noticed Frank Surber does not post as much either? John evans, Bill D and a few other names I cant think of are MIA. to bad because When I first joined they had alot to offer us with their rich trucking background

I still speak with a lot of the old hands occasionally. Most grew tired of the bickering that seemed to be prevelant with some participants. I too like it better than what was there in the late 90's into the early 2000's but there is much room for improvement. Hard to believe there are so many "limitations, and restrictions" in place that are unreasonable in this day and age. Until they get someone a little progressive, they will not progress, or move forward. I don't say that disliking anyone, just pretty confident of what it takes to prosper and stagnation is not it.

I still correspond with Frank. He is doing well.

Rob

Yea. I had made a comment the other day about how silly it is trying to up load a pic. Seams the system cant size it or if you post more than 2 they remove them and put them up as a link only. I feel that when ever were trying to show off or show some pics of trucks you have to go back in time and do it the hard way. I like to open a web page to surf the new content and have the pics pop up as its loading. Its why I rarely link pics over there. to much BS. I will search for Truxnut and will send him a PM

I got a reply back from John, he's doing well. He's outta trucks, besides his '65 Ranchero.

Yes, the ATHS board does have its issues, but not going to go into here either. To each their own.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I got a reply back from John, he's doing well. He's outta trucks, besides his '65 Ranchero.

Yes, the ATHS board does have its issues, but not going to go into here either. To each their own.

Appreciate you checking on him.

Rob

Yea. I had made a comment the other day about how silly it is trying to up load a pic. Seams the system cant size it or if you post more than 2 they remove them and put them up as a link only. I feel that when ever were trying to show off or show some pics of trucks you have to go back in time and do it the hard way. I like to open a web page to surf the new content and have the pics pop up as its loading. Its why I rarely link pics over there. to much BS. I will search for Truxnut and will send him a PM

I'm a member too and had to jump through lots of hoops to post a picture of a steerable dolly I used to pull that was made out of a Mack truck chassis.Then after I jumped through all the hoops I still couldn't post the picture.

I've sent them ATHS Truck Show pictures that are posted there-and they're posted through someone else's name,they never even told me thanks,go to hell,kiss their ass...nothing. I'll keep reading the magazine and going to a show when I can but I don't even bother looking at the ATHS website anymore.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm a member too and had to jump through lots of hoops to post a picture of a steerable dolly I used to pull that was made out of a Mack truck chassis.Then after I jumped through all the hoops I still couldn't post the picture.

I've sent them ATHS Truck Show pictures that are posted there-and they're posted through someone else's name,they never even told me thanks,go to hell,kiss their ass...nothing. I'll keep reading the magazine and going to a show when I can but I don't even bother looking at the ATHS website anymore.

I agree,when the ATHS website first started up,i was excited to be a part of it,but not knowing a lot about computers or how they work,i struggled to post things/pictures etc. well after i got a "nasty" e-mail about not knowing all the ins and outs of posting pictures i pretty much stopped participating.I realize its not their fault i'm computer retarded,but believe it could have been handled better,after all i HAVE been a member since 1989! i still enjoy the wheels of time,and the shows too,but i am done with the website!.......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm right there with ya buddy.

This website right here is my favorite Barr None. Nice people, great humor, appropriately administered, rigorously adjusted to fit the memberships' needs.

A big thanks to Barry for the job he does, and the support of Watt's Mack for the opportunity provided.

The ATHS website is just a bit too "Right Wing" for me. There too are some very nice people I miss speaking with. However, the administration needs adjusted, (my opinion) as the membership is nowhere near receiving the service the cost of membership should be providing. Funny thing is when asked; problems are always "blamed" on someone else. Nobody seems willing to take initiative for correction/modification.

Again, these are my opinions, (cherished and valued only by me) but I'm following the same path of progression as you.

Rob

Hey!! Today's my birthday????

Hell, does that mean I'll finally get some dignity and respect around here?????? (Lying is acceptable)

"Momma" says I got something "special" coming my way. The wondering has kept me up all night in anticipation. It could be a prized gift from the Mack Shop, Watts' Mack, Mutual Wheel, or a nice non stick coating aluminum shovel to clean up dogshit in the yard. I have no idea.

Rob

6 people having a birthday today... and Rob's the oldest...:banana:

And I'm second :pat:

Happy birthday from one old fart to another....

Not going into the debate about the forum.. it could be better, but it used to be a lot worse.

And a Happy Birthday to you too!

Rob

I'm right there with ya buddy.

This website right here is my favorite Barr None. Nice people, great humor, appropriately administered, rigorously adjusted to fit the memberships' needs.

A big thanks to Barry for the job he does, and the support of Watt's Mack for the opportunity provided.

The ATHS website is just a bit too "Right Wing" for me. There too are some very nice people I miss speaking with. However, the administration needs adjusted, (my opinion) as the membership is nowhere near receiving the service the cost of membership should be providing. Funny thing is when asked; problems are always "blamed" on someone else. Nobody seems willing to take initiative for correction/modification.

Again, these are my opinions, (cherished and valued only by me) but I'm following the same path of progression as you.

Rob

Cherished and valued by me too,especially the part about this being the best site with the best people. Barry probably doesn't get near the credit he deserves for a job well done. Hmmmmm..."The Adventures of Barry,Super Hero"...I don't know,needs work. It's just not as catchy as Spot the Wonder Dog.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.