Thanks for the comments guys, here's a quick answer to your questions.

Randy, the engine was a major problem because I wanted to keep the Duplex trans. Therefore that meant keeping the original crankshaft which meant there were no pistons available for the 1.625 inch wrist pin connecting rods. So I took a set of 2 inch pin pistons with the bigger rods and modified the big end of the rod to fit the early crank. Had to take .140" off the width of the big end of each rod to fit. I wanted the turbo and tip turbine so the engine had respectable horsepower so basically I ended up with a modified version of an EM6-285.

Albert, the rims were another problem because of course split rims were not an option. So I switched to a 24 inch tubeless that would still fit the original Daytons (needed to keep those!)The tires are 11R24.5 Firestones FD-690 drives and FS-590 steers.

Hatcity, it was pretty quiet at the Flying J but going down the road was a trip in itself. People in cars and of course the big rigs were all looking at the old girl like she was naked. Unfortunatly the only speaker I had hooked up for the CB was in the radio itself and I couldn't hear that one (imagine that). One of the little details I'm working on is a remote speaker which will be one of the rear stereo speakers. I could hear the music.

Thanks again y'all

Jim

post-84-029449600 1291904029_thumb.jpg

Wow! I think this engine compartment could even pass a health department inspection. Very impressive job!!

I agree, I think you need to go to work for Mack Trucks and teach them how to do that with their current engines!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

• 2 weeks later...