A Much Younger Vision

vision386

My wife and mother were going through a big box of old pictures at our family get-together last night and came across this one! i had forgotten about,its me when i was about 16,standing in front of my grandads R-685,if memory serves i was spotting apple trailers that day to bring up to the packing house to be eventually loaded on outbound owner-operator trucks......aaahhhh the good old days LOL! no gut,no gray hair,no glasses!...but on the otherhand, no power steering,no A/C, no radio!......just had to laugh when my wife asked my mom "is there a picture of him where he is NOT standing in front of some damn old truck?"......does'nt seem to be! LOL! funny how and old picture can take you back to a simpler,less complicated time...........just a thought anyway Mark aka R-685?

post-5836-078547200 1290829358_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My wife and mother were going through a big box of old pictures at our family get-together last night and came across this one! i had forgotten about,its me when i was about 16,standing in front of my grandads R-685,if memory serves i was spotting apple trailers that day to bring up to the packing house to be eventually loaded on outbound owner-operator trucks......aaahhhh the good old days LOL! no gut,no gray hair,no glasses!...but on the otherhand, no power steering,no A/C, no radio!......just had to laugh when my wife asked my mom "is there a picture of him where he is NOT standing in front of some damn old truck?"......does'nt seem to be! LOL! funny how and old picture can take you back to a simpler,less complicated time...........just a thought anyway Mark aka R-685?

wish it was easy as giving those things up to back.....

Here is another old photo but not of me. This is my grandma with grandpa's brand new either 1947 "EH", or 49 "EQ" at the St. Louis Mack Dealership.

This photo was not in my personal files but published on the ATHS website several years ago. My jaw about hit the floor when I seen it. I sent the photo to my uncles, and aunts who verified it was grandma.

Rob

post-78-059550600 1290830655_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Here is another old photo but not of me. This is my grandma with grandpa's brand new either 1947 "EH", or 49 "EQ" at the St. Louis Mack Dealership.

This photo was not in my personal files but published on the ATHS website several years ago. My jaw about hit the floor when I seen it. I sent the photo to my uncles, and aunts who verified it was grandma.

Rob

Rob, I'm pretty sure I've seen that picture published somewhere else before but can't place where I saw it.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Rob, I'm pretty sure I've seen that picture published somewhere else before but can't place where I saw it.

Yup, it's out of some book on antique trucks. I don't know what book as I've never seen it or knew it existed. This photo was posted during an "E" and "A" series discussion is how it came to me. Most unfortunate that both grandparents had passed before I'd seen the photo. My cousin remembered both trucks as he was a young man then.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob

To me something like that is a real treasure! i have a picture of my grandfather standing in front of his AK-6,but it is so worn-faded/folded -up it is almost un-recogniseable and sadly not a good candidate for restoration....earliest one i have of my dad standing in front of his new 1965 IH CO-4070 is not in too gooda' shape either,but the memories are there non-theless......Mark

post-5836-099954400 1290832275_thumb.jpg

To me something like that is a real treasure! i have a picture of my grandfather standing in front of his AK-6,but it is so worn-faded/folded -up it is almost un-recogniseable and sadly not a good candidate for restoration....earliest one i have of my dad standing in front of his new 1965 IH CO-4070 is not in too gooda' shape either,but the memories are there non-theless......Mark

Certainly agree. I have boxes of old photos, bill of ladings, receipts from the late 40's to mid 50's in the basement that I've got to get situated someday. Since the basement flooded several boxes of photos are stuck together and I'm sure unsalvagable, but someone may be able to unstick the celluloid.

I have a photo of my grandpa's dad and his mule team in full harness just before the turn of the century, (1900) in the St. Louis area, but I don't know where the photo was taken.

If I could find the book that photo is from, I'd have a copy.

Rob

is that a old sanding box infront of the drives on the R model? Havent seen one of those in years. thanks for sharing

Yup,those are sanders, they actually worked pretty good,my grandad liked them,we had them on all our trucks back then.........Mark

I found one baby picture of myself,but I had to censor it and i'm not around a truck.I'll post it anyway-think I was about 4 months old when this was taken.

I've seen the uncensored version and must say I was impressed. Would have passed for me hadn't I married Momma.

Rob