Pat Robertson Would Be Proud:

Rob

Yes he would be proud of you but Rob you have to start putting them back together! just think what they will look like all dressed up with FULL TANKS OF FUEL! Im still putting mine back in once piece after this summers roof repair. And I havent forgetton about that steering box. Just have had no time yet. Between work travel and no time off I can barely get my stuff done Here are the latest pics with the new pipes added. you know the deal....But dont worry its not going anywhere

5inchexhaust1.jpg

5inchexhaust11.jpg

5inchexhaust7.jpg

5inchexhaust4.jpg

5inchexhaust3.jpg

And with those 5" pipes she sounds mean too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejQ2usv_FtU

Today I've been working on getting a roof back onto the RL797, (brown truck). Inbetween installing door skins onto an 08 Dodge Avenger, and a rear bumper cover and brackets on a Toyota Matrix, I welded up some rain gutter donated by a couple of rusty cabs from Chicagoland that had enough decent material left to make one from two. The attached photos show what I've accomplished.

The large portion of a roof panel is cut from an 89 R690 cab, The rain gutter was cut off from this cab as well. This roof panel will be cut down and sectioned into the rear of the roof of the 77 R795 that is Project R-12. The long portion of the rain gutter in the photo is cut from the rusted cab of the RL755LST. This portion and a section of the rain gutter from the R690 is shown spot welded together in the photo. I will make another small section to fill the remaining gap between the two pieces. I have all these pieces NOS but prefer to use them on something that I cannot repair by other means. I'll get these pieces final fitted, then sandblast them clean.

My plans are to get a roof skin back on the R797, (brown truck) later this week so it can go outside for the winter under cover. I want to slim down to working on a single truck at a time and get something finished. Having the R612 road ready next week will be a great relief and allow me to focus more keenly. Would really lke to get the V12 installed into R-12 to gain floor space the engine and this trucks parts take up.

We'll get together on the steering gear and I know it won't go anyplace. I have dual 5" straights on the R795. It too sounds really nice out the pipes when in the throttle.

Rob

post-78-003812500 1290308476_thumb.jpg

post-78-047993500 1290308486_thumb.jpg

post-78-035673700 1290308496_thumb.jpg

post-78-029402300 1290308506_thumb.jpg

post-78-072386800 1290308514_thumb.jpg

post-78-004385300 1290308524_thumb.jpg

post-78-041499200 1290308533_thumb.jpg

post-78-021030000 1290308556_thumb.jpg

post-78-016518400 1290350936_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I raked a few leaves to test my new rake- worked good.

If pleased with your progress, you did better than I. This job is nowhere near finished.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If pleased with your progress, you did better than I. This job is nowhere near finished.

Rob

"a few"-that's the key phrse. They're knee deep around here,and still falling. I go from "cut the grass season" to "rake the leaves season" to "shovel the snow season". However,I did get Jo a gas powered leaf blower yesterday too, but I didn't even take it out of the box yet.

Takes care of her Christmas present anyway.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

"a few"-that's the key phrse. They're knee deep around here,and still falling. I go from "cut the grass season" to "rake the leaves season" to "shovel the snow season". However,I did get Jo a gas powered leaf blower yesterday too, but I didn't even take it out of the box yet.

Takes care of her Christmas present anyway.

I bought Momma a Stihl leaf blower for her birthday so she didn't need to waste time sweeping the grass from the sidewalk. Amazing how nice that thing is to sweep the garage too.....

Rob

He is proud of you. Here's a secret spy picture taken at the R-700 banquet.

I actually met the man once when I was in the navy stationed in Norfolk. The ministry was right down the road off of I-64. Just wanted to see what was broadcast on television. No expense spared at that compound rest assured.

Rob

This is not my doing,i've been hacked! :rolleyes:

Nice mirror image of a Pete in my shop. Actually, knowing how familiar Pete drivers are with spending money for repairs, and with Pete money still green; what repairs do you need?

Rob