Help With Dozer

silverstar

has anyone on this site ever did a inframe on an international td 15 with a dt361. i need to know how to get the sleeves out? The sleeves are a dry sleeve and considered a heavy press fit. i have no idea how to get them out or back in. I have a manual puller on them now with a hydrulic jack underneath and have barly moved it. I have posted all my question on red power forum in the engine and construction forums. I have gotten some good advice but no good answer to how to actualy acheive my goal. if someone has done this inframe before and can offer some advice i would love it. Also i live in north east ohio area, i would be willing pay an expert if anyone knows someone. the reason i am posting here is i was told macks had dry sleeves to. thanks

has anyone on this site ever did a inframe on an international td 15 with a dt361. i need to know how to get the sleeves out? The sleeves are a dry sleeve and considered a heavy press fit. i have no idea how to get them out or back in. I have a manual puller on them now with a hydrulic jack underneath and have barly moved it. I have posted all my question on red power forum in the engine and construction forums. I have gotten some good advice but no good answer to how to actualy acheive my goal. if someone has done this inframe before and can offer some advice i would love it. Also i live in north east ohio area, i would be willing pay an expert if anyone knows someone. the reason i am posting here is i was told macks had dry sleeves to. thanks

HEY LONG TIME NO HEAR,

SOUNDS LIKE YOU RAN INTO A FEW MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE 15 THAN EXPECTED. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PULL THEM WITH A THEADED ROD TO THE BOTTOM WITH A CIRCULAR PLATE AT THE BOTTOMOF THE SLEEVE, DO U HAVE A PARTS /REPAIR MANUAL.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

on the old 237 and 285 i overhauled a few years back i have an OTC liner puller,when i installed them i put them in the deep freeze overnite and dipped 2-3 inches of the sleeve in diesel fuel pushed them in the block put a rag over the sleeve and a short 2X4 lay it flat and tap it the rest of the way in. on taking them out without a puller i herd guys running a weld bead down the sleeve, never tried that but i would cover the crankshaft.

on the old 237 and 285 i overhauled a few years back i have an OTC liner puller,when i installed them i put them in the deep freeze overnite and dipped 2-3 inches of the sleeve in diesel fuel pushed them in the block put a rag over the sleeve and a short 2X4 lay it flat and tap it the rest of the way in. on taking them out without a puller i herd guys running a weld bead down the sleeve, never tried that but i would cover the crankshaft.

The weld bead works very well but will be expensive in that application due to the nickel rod. I've done that several times on steel bushings in tractor backhoes.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Silver Star,

I'm pretty sure on the International DT, as like the Mack's; You should check your liner size (standard or oversized). If your liners are standard an you have to clean up the inside of the block sometimes you should maybe think about a 3 thousand's over size. Again I've never done a DT series motor.

BULLHUSK

I use to use a welder and run a bead up the liner on 237 Mack engines. It really worked well.

I've done that too, I had some stuck so bad that with a jack pushing up on the sleeve remover tool from the bottom, the front of the truck was off the ground. I let the pressure off, wrapped the crank journals with wet rags covered with aluminum foil, then welded a few beads inside each jammed sleeve with a wire feed welder & let it cool.

When I started jacking again, they popped loose & continued sliding out rather easily.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I've done that too, I had some stuck so bad that with a jack pushing up on the sleeve remover tool from the bottom, the front of the truck was off the ground. I let the pressure off, wrapped the crank journals with wet rags covered with aluminum foil, then welded a few beads inside each jammed sleeve with a wire feed welder & let it cool.

When I started jacking again, they popped loose & continued sliding out rather easily.

Same trick works for Hendrickson walking beam bushings.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"