Good Brand Of Sandblaster?

Can anyone tell me a good brand of a large sandblaster? I have a 175 CFM skid mounted compressor with a John Deere diesel engine that I removed from a mason's truck that I am going to mount outside the shop to sandblast with and blow out combines. I have started looking around and a lot of what I am seeing is pretty junky Chinese stuff. Does anyone have a good recommendation?

I have a "Brute" 150# pressurized pot blaster that works very well. Really don't have use for one much larger. The pot is not the important part but rather the moisture traps/filters are the leading indicators. You don't need water in the sand as it will clog and restrict delivery of the material. Do change your filter media often and drain the traps several times per day.

Stop by any vendor that supplies "Sullair" brand compressors, they will steer you correctly.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We have at the shop a sand blaster made by a company called ""TEXAS BLASTER" it was designed for oil rig use. Holds 150 lbs of media and uses 100 cfm for blasting. We use everything from sand to walnut shells through it. The unit cost around $400.00 or $500.00. Made in U.S.A. too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

We had A Clemco 800lb. blaster about 22 years ago, an it did a real good job but we also had a big compressor with a 238 Dietroit feeding it air. We had to stop using it years ago the state of N.J. will not let you sandblast

Why did they outlaw sandblasting? Did someone spray his toes and get an "ouchie"?

I have a "Brute" 150# pressurized pot blaster that works very well. Really don't have use for one much larger. The pot is not the important part but rather the moisture traps/filters are the leading indicators. You don't need water in the sand as it will clog and restrict delivery of the material. Do change your filter media often and drain the traps several times per day.

Stop by any vendor that supplies "Sullair" brand compressors, they will steer you correctly.

Rob

Thanks for the advice, the compressor I am mounting has some pretty serious filters and two water traps so hopefully it will do the trick. I will check with the Sullair dealer in St. Louis, that also happens to be the brand of my compressor. I caught two of my sons today dragging a jackhammer over to the compressor so they could "try" it out. I asked them what they planned to hammer away at to test it and they looked down at my concrete floor. They were just trying to help. They got sent to the house.

Thanks for the advice, the compressor I am mounting has some pretty serious filters and two water traps so hopefully it will do the trick. I will check with the Sullair dealer in St. Louis, that also happens to be the brand of my compressor. I caught two of my sons today dragging a jackhammer over to the compressor so they could "try" it out. I asked them what they planned to hammer away at to test it and they looked down at my concrete floor. They were just trying to help. They got sent to the house.

Is your compressor a rotary screw type, or reciprocating? Screw types make a lot of compressed air in a small package but really generate a lot of water in comparison to reciprocating piston type.

I can't stress enough to drain the traps frequently. Cleaning out a high flow blaster hose and fittings for a steady and even spray can be "entertaining" if the ancillary equipment service is neglected.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.