Hey Mike-

other dog

Heard you talk about riding a bike on the "dragon" before. just happened to see this when I was looking for a picture of a Swift truck-

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/news_swift.html

Hi Tom, Yes i've been down that road afew times and dragged the pegs. It sure can get your attention. I cannot understand why a truck, bus or anything big would want to tackle the almost 360 degree curves all 318 curves in 11 miles. Surely they planned their route carefully. I would not want to pull a popup camper through that terrain. If ya have not been in that area, I would suggest a trip to that region of the country. We bikers would ride from Nashville to North Carolina's Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. It would take us most of the day, from sun up to sundown to get there. If you have time, look up the campground. They have many pictures of the area. First time I stayed there, we all camped out under the stars.They also have acouple of cabins. The people that own the grounds cook two meals per day for the bikers. Breakfast and dinner are served for you under a pavilion at picnic tables. Ponds with fish to feed and many fires to warm a cold biker down in the valley. I wish that I could have drawn you a better picture of this beautiful campground but, then you would not need to go see for yourselves. Last time I saw the place was 1996 and now new owners have it.

Thanks for sharing! oh yea, looks like a red Mack going to the rescue

mike

Hi Tom, Yes i've been down that road afew times and dragged the pegs. It sure can get your attention. I cannot understand why a truck, bus or anything big would want to tackle the almost 360 degree curves all 318 curves in 11 miles. Surely they planned their route carefully. I would not want to pull a popup camper through that terrain. If ya have not been in that area, I would suggest a trip to that region of the country. We bikers would ride from Nashville to North Carolina's Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. It would take us most of the day, from sun up to sundown to get there. If you have time, look up the campground. They have many pictures of the area. First time I stayed there, we all camped out under the stars.They also have acouple of cabins. The people that own the grounds cook two meals per day for the bikers. Breakfast and dinner are served for you under a pavilion at picnic tables. Ponds with fish to feed and many fires to warm a cold biker down in the valley. I wish that I could have drawn you a better picture of this beautiful campground but, then you would not need to go see for yourselves. Last time I saw the place was 1996 and now new owners have it.

Thanks for sharing! oh yea, looks like a red Mack going to the rescue

mike

I rode the dragon back in '01....in 4th gear. Wasn't anything TOO bad....fun, really. :banana: There were some curves where looking through the turn like you're s'posed to, I could see my own tail light. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

MY,MY stupidity comes in many forms!....i know for a FACT that there are warning signs posted all over the place around there! (assuming you can read that is) what kind of shit for brains would even attempt this in a truck? rookie or not,just plain old downhome stupidity right there!. youtube is littered with videos of swift trucks stuck under bridges,wrecked,on fire you name it!....I'm hoping the new CVSA regulations will get some of these assholes off the road and back at burger king where they belong!....i'm just sayin' is all!..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

I'd be curious to see what percentage of the trucks involved in these accidents are Swift trucks. What I've seen so far doesn't look like they have a very good safe driver record.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

If I was a believer in "Mommy-ism",I'd suggest programming each trip into an onboard computer via a specific route,and if the driver varies more than,say,1 mile,off course without clearing it through the boss,it drops the truck down to "limp-along" mode-1/3 power output (so he can get it parked) then the driver gets fired. Naaahh-they'd never find drivers that would put up with that.

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I'd be curious to see what percentage of the trucks involved in these accidents are Swift trucks. What I've seen so far doesn't look like they have a very good safe driver record.

Speed

Swift has a yard in phoenix,AZ that there must be a 1000 wrecked trucks and trailers in there! burned up,roofs peeled off trailers,broke in half,i have never seen so many wrecked trucks in one place in my life!.....as far as their safety record it is abysmal! but for such a big carrier there opinion is that its "acceptable".............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.