R Model Cab Year:

I have a few R model cabs and am wondering how to tell the year of manufacture? All have the serial numbers intact on the riveted tags in the left door jamb.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have a few R model cabs and am wondering how to tell the year of manufacture? All have the serial numbers intact on the riveted tags in the left door jamb.

Rob

what about the id tag on the left door, or the other one on the correct drivers side, in engingin bay on firewall.

Grant

what about the id tag on the left door, or the other one on the correct drivers side, in engingin bay on firewall.

Grant

A couple of the cabs are just cabs without doors. I can't remember seeing tags on two of them on the firewall(s).

Glad to hear you agree the correct driver's side being the left.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

What the hell!!!!???? :pat: "Oh poor me, I have so many trucks I can't tell them apart! :wacko: ","I can't tell one from the other","I don't know what I have". There is a huge part of me that feels no sympathy for you on that issue. :P

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

What the hell!!!!???? :pat: "Oh poor me, I have so many trucks I can't tell them apart! :wacko: ","I can't tell one from the other","I don't know what I have". There is a huge part of me that feels no sympathy for you on that issue. :P

That's good. Now I don't feel bad feeling sorry for myself. It's so lonely on the bottom.

Rob

Hey Rob, here is the R -Model I wanted ya to see. I could not find the thread to post it in the correct place. Please forgive me guys, i'll try and do better. :pat:

This truck was at our Music City ATHS Show in Cookville, TN and I enjoyed talking to Jim the owner and his friend. I just had to show it. I also told him about the BMT site hoping he'll give it a try.

mike

post-900-028531900 1285605560_thumb.jpg

I did a bit of checking today and it seems that the number riveted to the door jamb doesn't mean much as far as Mack is concerned. For instance, if you were ordering a new cab the chassis serial number and GSO would be needed. We tried looking up major compnent serial numbers on a few different RD chassis but the cab serial didn't come up. It appears that the cab serial number is really only meaningful to the cab vendor. The parts manager said he thought the cab vendor was Mayflower or something along those lines.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Thanks for the research. Really doesn't matter much as to year but there are minor differences throughout. I've seen holes that are factory punched for the heating and air conditioning in different places in the firewall and ancillary mountings differing in placement also. I have a cab that is from a 1978 R686, and another from a 1975 R685 that differ from each other. Then I have a cab from the mid 1980's that has many holes factory punched, with plastic plugs installed into unused holes that are painted over with cab color.

Thanks,

Rob