What A Time It Was... What A Time It Is!

I support the privately owned "Carquest" branded store 100% with my parts purchases if they have access to what I need. This is a small family owned store with two employees open six days per week with another employee that is only a delivery driver. Their parts may, or may not be higher priced than the chain stores but the service is very much from an earlier time and quality. It pains me to see some chinese manufactured parts in "Carquest" branded boxes, but this is the way of the world.

As an example of service; How many parts stores owners will get out of bed at 2:30am and either give you a key to the door, or travel to the store to either get you the part you need, or provide the support you need to keep moving? Try that with one of the chain stores even if you know them quite well. I exercised that option a few times when we were running cars for truck parts.

I've never been one that shops solely on price. It's the reputation and service that brings me in the first place, and the support that keeps me coming back.

Pardon the pun but I try to be a "loyal old dog" with my vendors. Of course I'm not ashamed to tell em if I think they're too high in price for something also.

Rob

Me too-I used to live in Appomattox, but moved to Gladys a little over 5 years ago. Whenever I need parts I go all the way back to Carquest in Appomattox just because they're a good bunch of folks.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 1 month later...

Diesel .58 per gal plus FREE DINNER AT OUR ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET With any fill up over 50 Gallons!!!....What A Time It WAS!

Today $4.58 per gal an pump your own.. An free nothin..Need air?? bring a roll of Quarters What A Time It IS!!!

Diesel .58 per gal plus FREE DINNER AT OUR ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET With any fill up over 50 Gallons!!!....What A Time It WAS!

Today $4.58 per gal an pump your own.. An free nothin..Need air?? bring a roll of Quarters What A Time It IS!!!

Hey Ernie,get this! i had to air-up a trailer tire on the road,pulled up by the shop (truckstop) looked and saw the hose but no chuck,went inside to ask what the deal was,lady said i gotta leave a $50.00 DEPOSIT!!!! to use the chuck ,because it had been stolen so many times!!! what a time indeed!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey Ernie,get this! i had to air-up a trailer tire on the road,pulled up by the shop (truckstop) looked and saw the hose but no chuck,went inside to ask what the deal was,lady said i gotta leave a $50.00 DEPOSIT!!!! to use the chuck ,because it had been stolen so many times!!! what a time indeed!...........Mark

They make you sign a waiver to. In the event the tire blows they assume no responsibility

Guys, have to agree with you on much of this, save for the Obama bashing- can't expect him to undo 30 years of dismantling America in two years. Was at the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting yesterday and tried to take advantage of the shareholder discounts on the company's products. Browsed through the boots section looking for some high top work boots... Didn't find a single one made in America. Only thing I could find that was American made was some low tops (already got them, union made in Wisconsin) and some nice western boots (cant fit my leg brace in them). Depressing to see us lose more jobs to China et al.

Guys, have to agree with you on much of this, save for the Obama bashing- can't expect him to undo 30 years of dismantling America in two years. Was at the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting yesterday and tried to take advantage of the shareholder discounts on the company's products. Browsed through the boots section looking for some high top work boots... Didn't find a single one made in America. Only thing I could find that was American made was some low tops (already got them, union made in Wisconsin) and some nice western boots (cant fit my leg brace in them). Depressing to see us lose more jobs to China et al.

So what the Commander in thief may not of started the downfall but if the dip shit can't man up to his own screw ups since taking power. Blame Bush,Blame everyone.but he is the one in power. When Reagen came in he didn't blame anyone else for there stuff he was in power and he took the blame. Bush was a moron but This clown takes the cake. I am ashamed to say I am a registerd Dem. But by no means did I vote for that phoney. I was thinking about it till he started with the Spread the wealth. So far Joe the plumber has had more headaches since asking that question. I don't like talking politics but we need this joker out of office before he finishes selling us to China.

At least the staple in your fuel receipt is still free at most places but they'll probably start charging for that soon.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

At least the staple in your fuel receipt is still free at most places but they'll probably start charging for that soon.

Like many other expenses it is covered by the increase in the price you pay.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mark,

I'll tell ya when enough is going to be enough!! when all of the work goes to China & Mexico were there is slave labor!!! an our Mc Donalds an Dunken Donuts workers can't pay the rent then nobody will have money to buy that cheap shit!! Don't forget; the people in this country that make a decent wage are the ones who buy the new cars an used cars along with a lot of things that people making minimum can't buy, so..(an I could see it comming) when all the factories close, an every clothes maker an truck & car manufacturing move out??? Then there WILL BE NO MONEY NO MONEY!!! to by there shit!! an then there gona be stuck with it. Now us guys running trucks?? well I guess we'll just have to park em because we won't be able to by fuel an nobody is gona be driving a car caus they don't have a job to go to any way!!

Ernie AN PS I have no disrespect for anyone in this country who has to work for minium wage,I have been there myself a few times an it ain't pretty but you do what you have to do...In 2012 we need to take back America

Since I wrote this post both Maytag & Polaris have moved to Mexico an at the same time the US Gov. has added 250,000 new jobs! Ok lets talk about Obama & Joe the Plumber, Joe asks Obama about him havin to give up more money? so what does Obama tell him? 'So whats wrong with you givin a little bit more of your money every week so that people who are not as well off as you can have some a that' Thats called Redistribution of wealth!! Does it sound good? Not to guys like Joe & us guys but it sure sounds good to people who don't want to get off there ass an work a little harder!! This type of Gov. redistribution is nothin new!? Just ask anyone from England or Greece? Those people are telling us:... DON'T DO THIS AMERICA we have done this over here an IT DON'T WORK.. You are our last hope in the world today!! But if you (the USA) goes down this path you will hit quick sand like we did!! So it has been tried (USSR remember those guys) before an failed! So lets get back to jobs being lost in the USA, ok the tax's that the hard workin people in this country pay? well thats gona pay for all the new Obama Care Gov. workers an for all the not so well off that don't have the things that we work so hard for that they don't have!! But wait one minute here!! Were did all the private sector jobs go? What no tax's being brought in?? Jobs went were? China? well can they lend us some more money?? Jobs went to Mexico?? Well can we Tax there drugs comming in or maybe stop givin them guys that come across our border free S#$T!!. Does ANYONE OUT THERE HEAR THE WORKING PEOPLE?? Yes WE the Voters do!! An I also think Donald Trump does!! Call me Crazy but he's sayin the same things we all would say if we had the money an the power to do so!!!

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA & ITS HARD WORKING MEN & WOMEN

Ernie DS PS Have you seen the adds on TV for us to help Japan yet? I did... I'm just wonderin if anyone caught the ones for the Midwast flood victims or maybe the tornado victims of the southern states this past week?? I guess I must have missed em

Could you guys get your talking points from somewhere besides Faux News? It's getting a little boring...

Well I guess I could go over to MSMBC or ABC or CNN or CBS don't you remember those were the guys tellin us how G.W was screwin up this country with all of his oil buddies an jackin up the price of gas an diesel an how it was gona bankrupt our country?? Well how come those same news co's are now tellin us why It's to our advantage $ 4.00 will help us in the long run? do you think there is some Media Bias out there?? Ya think there in the tank with Omama & the Dem's?? well I think I'll stick to FOX News

Ernie DS

Could you guys get your talking points from somewhere besides Faux News? It's getting a little boring...

But I think Meghan Kelly is a very pretty woman.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I also get mine from Mike Church. And Patriot on Sirius. Took the Clinton News Network off the dial

Anything with the name "Clinton" attached is automatically discounted as trash; never have heard of the other two.

Rob

No wonder your pro NOBAMA your in his back pocket.

I've been a Teamster since 1971 an still hold an active book as well as employing teamster drivers with my co. I did not vote for Obama nor do I like his or any of the Dem's ideas. I also used to send back all of the Dem. s--t the Teamster International used to send me ,about who I should vote for!! (Obama) I used to send it back 'RETURN POSTAGE PAID' they finally got the hint after two or three times!! So not all of us Teamsters or union guys like this administration nor do we like guys like Hoffa tellin us whats good for us! An I for one am against any union backing anyone in politics. What does Hoffa think now??

Ernie DS

The Teamsters polled the membership before endorsing Obama, and Obama was the overwhelming favorite of the members. Sorry, Teamster brother, but you're in the minority on this one.

its one thing when you go to work for some one else, try going to work for your self in this economy. i dont that hand outs.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

The Teamsters polled the membership before endorsing Obama, and Obama was the overwhelming favorite of the members. Sorry, Teamster brother, but you're in the minority on this one.

Thats OK being in the minority, as long as you have the right to your own judgements an beleifs as a person,an not be influenced by someone who tells you who you should vote for? I voted for who I believed was the right person for Pres. and in this case. I thought Obama was not qualified for the job. I voted like I was going to hire the guy; So I looked at both of there resume, an Obama wasn't showin me to much of any thing! so I tossed his in the trash, an voted for J.M the war hero. Ok now.... almost three years later; an now we have a track record to to see how well Mr. Obama has done? Who's in the minority now?? Sorry Teamster Brother, but your in the minority on this one.

Ernie DS 40 Years as a Proud member of the Teamster Union 25 of those as a owner driver