12V Pos Ground To Neg Ground Conversion Question

I'm working on converting a '70 CF600 from pos ground to neg ground. I've searched the forum and read all the posts but I'm wanting to clarify. I'm very good with automotive electrical wiring, but I've never converted grounds before.

If I understand correctly, I switch the positive and negative battery leads at the starter end first.

What specifically do I need to switch or do on the Generator?

Do I need to change anything on the Voltage Regulator?

I need to reverse the wiring on the volt meter and water temp gauge, correct?

Do I need to reverse the wiring on the fuel gauge?

The last I did was a 1937 Ford from Positive ground to Negative ground. I changed the cables at the battery not the starter, including replacing the cable ends,. The terminals are one large one smaller. I reversed the wires on the volt meter and the amp gauge.I repolerized the generator (not Alternator) and made no changes on the regulator . As I recall that was all the other gauges all functioned correctly. It was a long time ago so I may have forgotten a small detail. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

:SMOKIE-LFT:

That's about it;

I did a '53 GMC,an MG and an English Ford and it's really easy. Re-polarizing the generator reverses the ground through the charging system,and the Amp meter is the only gauge I needed to do anything to;the rest of 'em don't care which way the current flows.You can skip the amp meter,too,but it'll read a discharge when it's charging and vice versa,but the charging system will still work the same. I'm not sure on radio,none of my projects had one to worry about,but I don't think they're affected.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Radios are a fixed ground. A positive ground will not work in a negative system. The radio I got for myDM at Radio Shack had a positive ground / negative ground switch on it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I switched my Mack, but put an alternator on it, so didn't have to worry about repolarizing Generator.

Switched the leads on AMP meter. Starter doesn't care polarity, it turns only one way no matter what. Everything else doesn't care polarity, unless you have a radio in it? Most CB's have two leads, just swap them. Doubt it has a stereo?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"