Hi everyone,

My name is Damian and i thought it was about time i posted on here.

This is my 1973 R700. It has a 8v92 with a 10 speed mack gearbox in it.

Plans are to clean it up and have fun with it.

Enjoy :banana: .

mack002.jpg

mack003.jpg

mack005.jpg

mack007m.jpg

mack023.jpg

mack017.jpg

mack011.jpg

And fun you shall have. That is a good looking "truck". I really like it. What are the "fresh air" scoops on the sides of the hood, (bonnet) used for? Could you post photos of the left side air cleaner mounting arrangement and underside of the hood of the left side? I'm wanting to mount another air cleaner also to feed my Detroit engine.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

And fun you shall have. That is a good looking "truck". I really like it. What are the "fresh air" scoops on the sides of the hood, (bonnet) used for? Could you post photos of the left side air cleaner mounting arrangement and underside of the hood of the left side? I'm wanting to mount another air cleaner also to feed my Detroit engine.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

The side scoops have been added and are not realy needed from what i can tell so i will be doing away with them, i think one the previous owners probaly added them for the looks.

I dont realy have a good photo of the left air cleaner at the moment. I think the left bracket is an r model one and the right one is a valueliner... or it might be the other way around i cant remember :pat: .

Cheers Damian.

mack016.jpg

mack008m.jpg

Pretty neat looking truck. I noticed the steering wheel has been replaced with a newer two spoke type. What is the grate/expanded steel type of material in front of the windshield?

Probably to protect the windshield from flying rocks in the outback.

:WELCOME:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Over here the "Bush Turkeys" knock on your door at truck stops.

They do in melbourne to! but out on the paddock and up north that helps stop a few rocks from taking out those screens. doesnt seem to get rid of the drop bears tho! :)

Grant

• 2 weeks later...

paul perry's old mack...........one of four with a 8v92 retrofitted, ddec engines, gearstick falls too the floor when ya move the fridge still?. good old truck nearley bought it ourselves. but only has a light chassie rating.

Hi Spud,

Why did they fit the 92 and not something like an e9.

There is no fridge and theres been no problems with the gearstick.... so far. :blink:

Any more info on the old dog would be great thanks. :thumb:

call me mate............hope you didnt pay over ten grand for it. need's a heap of work on all the major bits internally.make a good project truck, must of put the pin back in the gearstick, apperantly this truck is one of four that had the detroit fitted all the trucks ran with the same company.cant recall who it was now.0419 883 099.

call me mate............hope you didnt pay over ten grand for it. need's a heap of work on all the major bits internally.make a good project truck, must of put the pin back in the gearstick, apperantly this truck is one of four that had the detroit fitted all the trucks ran with the same company.cant recall who it was now.0419 883 099.

Hi Spud..... the fun of being a truck driver, i dont get much time away from work to get to a computer.

I knew when i bought it the motor would need some work which does not worry me because the hole truck is going to be a full rebuild from the ground up. It drove across from kal alright it never missd a beat (sits on 120 alright :banana: ) even if it turns out to be too bad i could always find a e9 for it or just rebuild it.

I will wait and see for now i have to get time off work first....that should be IF i get time off work

Cheers Damian.

Hi Spud..... the fun of being a truck driver, i dont get much time away from work to get to a computer.

I knew when i bought it the motor would need some work which does not worry me because the hole truck is going to be a full rebuild from the ground up. It drove across from kal alright it never missd a beat (sits on 120 alright :banana: ) even if it turns out to be too bad i could always find a e9 for it or just rebuild it.

I will wait and see for now i have to get time off work first....that should be IF i get time off work

Cheers Damian.

Man if parts for the E9 series engines are still plentiful there I'd go that route. An 8V-92 is a fine engine also but it's hard to beat the low end growl the Mack engine provides.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.